If you’re looking for something simple and special to make for love-day, this Valentine’s Day Cheese Board is a great idea! Pretty, delicious and easy.
This Valentine’s Day Cheese Board is filled with cheese, chocolate, crackers, berries and fruit, dips and dipping jellies. All the ingredients for a delicious and love-ly Valentine’s Day appetizer.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
Whether you celebrate with a special someone and want to make this a romantic cheese board for two, or you’re making it for your family, or you’re getting together for Galentine’s Day with your besties, this tasty cheese board is a great addition to the festivities. It’s always nice to serve up something a little extra special for occasions like these. Charcuterie boards are always a big hit!
All. The. Hearts.
I think what makes this cheese board extra special are the hearts. Strawberries in the shapes of hearts, cheese in the shape of hearts and heart shapes on Brie. Easy to make, and makes such an impact. And that’s the key…you want things to be easy, at least I know I do. Honestly, the only way I would even do this is if it was simple and quick. And it is. All you need is a knife, a heart cookie cutter and about 25 minutes.
A Simple Valentine’s Day Brie
For Christmas I made this gingerbread man Brie, and thought how fun it would be to make one for Valentine’s Day too, but with a heart. This is such a simple way to serve Brie, and it looks sooooo nice. Here’s how I made it:
- I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make the outline of the heart, by gently pressing it into the top of the Brie…just to make the shape, not cut into the cheese. You can also use a knife and freehand the heart.
- Then I used some strawberry jam to fill the heart…I only used about a tablespoon. So easy!
Another Valentine’s Day Brie Idea
I also made another heart-themed Brie for this cheese plate. I really love this one because you get 2 hearts for your plate! Here’s how I made it:
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, press the cutter down into the cheese, all the way through, to cut out the heart shape and make the heart opening.
- Then you end up with a little heart shaped ‘container’, plus a heart shaped piece of Brie Cheese.
- You can fill the ‘container’ up with chocolate, or berries or candies. What ever you like.
More heart shaped fun!
Another favourite on this cheese board are the heart shaped strawberries. Heart shaped strawberries are so easy to make, you’re already half way there with the natural shape of the strawberry. I think they make such a pretty addition to this Valentine’s Day Cheese Board.
How to make heart shaped strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and remove the green stems and leaves.
- Cut your strawberry in half lengthwise.
- Using a knife, cut out a V-shaped notch into the top centre of each of the sliced strawberries.
- That’s it! So simple and cute.
Now let’s fill up our cheese board!
Now that you’ve made the Brie hearts, it’s time to fill up the whole board. You can use any ingredients that you love! Here are some ideas:
- Berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Fruit: pomegranate seeds, kiwis, figs
- Chocolate: chocolate covered raisins and almonds, chocolate bars, boxed chocolate
- Treats: cookies, cake, brownies
- Dips: hot pepper jelly for the Brie, jams (strawberry or fig jam), and this delicious Fruit Fluff Dip for the fruit!
- Crackers or french baguette slices to go with the cheese.
- Savoury Items: if you want you can add olives, pickles, salami, prosciutto, ham, and and a variety of cheeses.
- Dried Fruit and Nuts are great too. Add almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries, figs…
Now light some candles, sit back with a glass of vino and enjoy!
Tips for putting together your Valentine’s Day Cheese Board:
- Use a food safe wooden board that is big enough to fill with all the delicious ingredients! You can also use a large plate, platter, large marble slab board, serving tray or even a cookie sheet.
- Put the feature cheeses in the middle of the board and work out from there.
- Use little bowls. For visual interest, it’s nice to add small bowls and ramekins to the board to hold different ingredients. If you can find heart shaped bowls, they are the cutest! Then place those bowls on your board after the feature cheeses.
- Fill it up! To make your board visually appealing, add little piles of the ingredients all around the board, filling it up. I like to make 3 groupings of each element, and fill up that board! The more there is, the more appetizing it looks!
- Fill empty spaces with small ingredients. To make the board full, fill in any empty space with more smaller ingredients like chocolates and berries. Leave no space unfilled.
- Don’t forget small cheese knives and spoons for serving! As well as plates and napkins.
PIN IT for later!
I hope you try this amazing cheese board and love it! Happy Valentine’s Day!