Make this Easy Dollar Store Valentine’s Day Candy Board for about $20! Inexpensive, fun and so LOVE-ly! Your family and friends will think you’re the best. 😉
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious Valentine’s Day dessert, why not put together a candy board (it’s like a Valentine’s Day candy charcuterie board) filled with chocolate, cookies, gummies, ring pops, conversation hearts and more! Dessert boards are so easy and fun.
Shop the Dollar Store!
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make this candy board! Everything I bought is from the Dollar Store, and I spent around $20 for it…love that. I could have added a lot more candy and sweets to this board but I wanted to show you all the options available from dollar stores…and there are a lot of options! But of course, you can purchase candy from anywhere for this treat plate. Another great place to shop is Bulk Barn and the grocery store. Just look at this as inspiration for your own board.
A candy buffet!
Everyone loves interactive eating…especially kids! I always try my hardest to keep kids in mind when ever we have a party or gathering…and this candy board would be such a hit with them! But who am I trying to kid…the grown ups love them too…who can resist a heart-shaped ring pop?! Not I.
To Theme or Not to Theme?
When I put together this Valentine’s Day Candy Board I didn’t want to complicate things by trying to stick to one colour scheme. Instead I chose to focus on Valentine’s Day candy, red candy and chocolate…and I think that’s theme enough. But you can get creative and put together a chocolate only board, or a board of only red or pink candies, or a board of only hearts…the possibilities are endless!
Take Home Tip!
Once you’ve set out your Valentine’s Day Candy Board, offer your family and friends a little baggie that they can fill with candy to take home with them! It’s a nice little gift, and it’s also nice if you don’t want to be left with a bunch of candy you can’t/don’t want to eat!
Valentine’s Day Candy Board Tips:
- Keep it simple. Buy what is easy to find…you don’t need to search all the stores for ingredients.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money. As I mentioned above, everything that I bought for this board is from the Dollar Store!
- Boards. You can use a platter, a serving tray, large plate, cookie sheet, cutting board or any large board for your candy arrangement.
- Offer a variety of candy and treats. Chocolate, cinnamon hearts, gummies, cookies, ring pops, etc…
- Put a feature candy in the middle of the board and work out from there. For my board I used a heart-shaped dish for conversation hearts and added the rest of the candy around it.
- Use little bowls. For visual interest, it’s nice to add little bowls and ramekins to the board for different candy. If you can find heart shaped bowls, they are the cutest!
- Fan out cookies and larger items around the feature candy. This also looks really nice.
- Fill empty spaces with small candies. To make the candy board full, fill in any empty space with smaller candies like cinnamon hearts or mini hard candies.
- Fill it up! The fun part is getting as much candy onto the board as possible…leave no space unfilled!
- More candy ideas: white chocolate chips, brownie bites, sugar cookies, rock candy, red sprinkles, and any popular Valentine’s Day Candies.
Perfect for parties, parties for two and galentine’s day! I hope you try it. Happy Valentine’s Day friends!Print
PIN IT for later!
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more Valentine’s Day ideas!
Happy Valentine’s Day!