Meal Plan: Easy Comfort Food
Tired of sifting through recipes to make a meal plan? I’ve done the work for you! This meal plan is all about easy comfort food. That’s right, I’ve decided to go bigger than just my What’s For Dinner menu plan for ONE meal, and give you a whole week’s worth at once! This new Weekly Meal Plan series is going to save you time and money by having your entire work week’s worth of meals ready to go when you wake up on Monday morning!
This Week’s Meal Plan for Easy Comfort Food includes:
- A variety of easy comfort food recipes, most of which you can have on the table in under an hour after you get home from a busy day at work.
- A yummy dessert for each day, some of which can double as lunch kit treats for kids at school!
- A bonus brunch idea for the weekend! This would be a great meal for celebrating the Family Day long weekend coming up.
Make Meal Planning a Success
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following:
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan is full of easy comfort food recipes that will be sure to get you through the week well-fed and stress-free.
This menu offering includes a yummy chicken dish, a fresh green salad, and an easy-peasy dessert! Have it on the table in one hour.
Main dish: Parmesan Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs
Side Dish: All Green Salad with a Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette
Pasta makes a great weekday meal! This menu includes a main dish pasta, a classic Caesar salad, and a delicious raspberry dessert.
Main dish: Roasted Tomato Pasta Dinner
Side Dish: Caesar Salad
Dessert: Raspberry Eton Mess
This menu is pure comfort food. Hamburger soup, homemade buns, and a chewy oat bar for dessert!
Main dish: Hamburger Soup: An Easy Weeknight Meal!
Side Dish: Homemade Bread Machine Dinner Buns
Dessert: Even Better Than Starbucks Oat Bars
This slow cooker roast beef is sure to get your taste buds going the second you walk through the door and into the homey scent of meat that’s been cooking to perfection all day. Paired with potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and a delicious strawberry parfait for dessert, you can’t miss with this one!
Main dish: Slow Cooker / Crockpot Roast Beef and Gravy
Side Dish: Oven Roasted Herb Potatoes
Side Dish: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Dessert: Strawberry Sugar Cookie Parfaits
A different (at least, I didn’t know about it!) take on a classic seafood meal, this roasted shrimp paired with couscous is so delicious! I’ve included a ridiculously decadent cookie recipe for dessert. This might be one of my favourite meals for this whole week!
Main dish: Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Side Dish: Savoury Balsamic Vegetarian Couscous
Dessert: Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
WEEKLY MEAL PLAN BONUS: SUNDAY BRUNCH
Finally, If you’ve made it this far in the week, you deserve a break! This breakfast (or brunch, or dinner) bake is easy and delicious and hits all the major food groups.
Main dish: Easy and Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Bake
Side Dish: Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
That’s a wrap! What do you think of the first meal plan, easy comfort food? Tell me in the comments below!
Have a delicious day!
Meal planning is so helpful! I meal plan and batch cook every Sunday and it saves me so much time all week long.
I love meal planning too! Hopefully these weekly plans can help you too!