This Roasted Tomato Pasta Dinner is a healthy and delicious dinner that can be on your table in under 1 hour!
– – – – – –
It’s January and many of us have resolved to eat more healthy, so I got together with 11 other bloggers to bring you some healthy and scrumptious meal ideas for you and your family!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be daunting. In fact, with easy to access nutritious recipes and quick meal ideas, eating healthy can be easy! I never resolve to lose weight at New Years, because I know myself well enough to know that the second I give myself constraints like a diet, I will fail. It’s just the way I am. Instead I will choose to try to eat healthy, and not compromise on taste or quit any particular ingredient. I won’t stop eating pasta or bread or dessert, instead I will choose to eat less of these things, or choose a more healthy option like whole grain bread or whole grain pasta and maybe a smaller piece of pie instead of half a pie. Ha! Really, I try to eat as healthy as possible all year round, so I can sneak in the occasional slice of chocolate cake or my favourite cookies.
But I can always use new healthy meal ideas in my recipe box, and maybe you can too? So after my recipe, at the end of this post, make sure to check out 11 more meal ideas!
Without further ado, as part this Healthy Dinner collaboration, I brought this Roasted Tomato Pasta Dinner to the table.
The homemade sauce of this dish is loaded with healthy ingredients like roasted tomatoes, garlic and spinach, which is served over a plate of ancient grain noodles, and with a sprinkling of ricotta cheese. Just look at how bright and delicious this pasta looks!
What I love the most about this dish are the roasted tomatoes. Roasting tomatoes in the oven with olive oil and slices of fresh garlic, makes for THE most tasty pasta sauce, because by roasting the tomatoes, their flavour becomes so rich and bold.
Then tossed with noodles, fresh spinach, chopped basil and fresh ricotta this dish is a winner! Winner winner pasta dinner!
- 2 lb grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- approx 1 lb dried pasta of your choice ((See Notes))
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 juice from 1 lemon ((optional))
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled ricotta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic:
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Slice the garlic lengthwise.
- Toss the tomatoes and garlic in 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Spread the mixture out onto a cookie sheet, then roast for 20 – 25 minutes.
Putting together the pasta:
- While the tomatoes are roasting, chop the fresh basil.
- Then start making your noodles according to the package directions.
- In the last 30 seconds of boiling your pasta, toss in the fresh spinach. This is just to wilt it slightly. Then drain the noodles and spinach.
- Once the tomatoes and garlic are roasted, pulse them in a food processor with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Pulse for only about 10 seconds just to slightly break down the tomatoes and garlic.
- Toss the noodles and spinach with the roasted tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
- Squeeze on some lemon juice, then toss again.
- Sprinkle with the ricotta cheese and enjoy!
You can use any kind of pasta that you like with this dish. I used an ancient grains rotini noodle for some extra nutrition, but whole wheat or your favourite noodle would work great as well!
Make sure to stop by the links below for more delicious meal ideas!
Here are more Healthy Weeknight Dinners:
- Lighter Mac n Cheese by Fuchsia Freezer
- Roasted Tomato Pasta Dinner by Me!
- Chicken and Chickpea Stew by Imagelicious
- Citrus + Soy Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Killing Thyme
- One Pot Chicken, Barley and Veg by My Kitchen Love
- Tofu Fajitas with Guacamole Crema by The Refreshanista
- Steamed Rice with Red Curry Coconut Squash by Sugar Love Spices
- Parmesan Polenta with Poached Egg and Spinach by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Lentil Tacos by Cocoa Bean,The Vegetable
- Apple and Acorn Squash Soup by I Say Nomato
- Mexican Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet by 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- One Pan Baked Salmon and Roasted Veggies by She Bakes Here
Have a delicious day!