What’s For Dinner? Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Yay again for Pinterest! Yesterday I saw a picture of a shrimp dish on Pinterest that I just knew I had to make! So I headed on over to Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice Recipe Blog to see if I could attempt it! What a simple and delicious dish it is! If you follow me on facebook, you already know I was makin’ this for din-din!
I don’t normally cook shrimp because the kids hate it, but they are with Grandma & Grandpa this week, so I seized the opportunity and made this dish for the hubs and I.
What I loved most about this recipe was that it was all done in one dish! So simple! And roasted shrimp?! I had never even thought about cooking them this way… they tasted amazing! I will definitely roast my shrimp from now on!Print
Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound of shrimp (deveined (tails removed too if you prefer) (fresh, or cooked & frozen))
- 1 lemon
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh thyme (or 1–2 tsp dried)
- 3–5 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest lemon. Then cut it into thin slices.
- Mince garlic.
- If you are using fresh thyme, remove the stems and just use the leaves.
- In an oven proof dish, add olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt & pepper and thyme. Mix. Then put into a preheated 400 degree oven, for 5-8 minutes. Watch very carefully! Bake until everything looks soft, and watch so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- In the mean time, on the stove, cook your rice according to package directions.
- When the oil/garlic/herb mix is done, take the dish out of the oven, and add the shrimp and lemon slices. Mix.
- Continue to bake for about 10 more minutes. Again watch so it doesn’t burn!
Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe Tips:
- This dish would be great as a side dish or a main meal over rice.
- We initially served this over pasta, but we thought it would be MUCH better over rice. (There is some sauce/juice in the dish that would get soaked up amazingly by the rice!)
- The original recipe called for fresh shrimp, but I had frozen, pre-cooked shrimp on hand, so I used that. I just adjusted (lessened) the cooking time for pre-cooked shrimp, and they turned out great!
Don’t you just love it when you find a keeper!
Looks like a “must-try!”
The title caught my attention, it has all the right stuff! Glad I popped in and I bookmarked the recipe. Thanks for sharing-yum!
You had me at simple and delicious! Looks amazing Jo-Anna!
Oh my goodness! That shrimp looks wonderful! I LOVE shrimp but unfortunately my husband doesn’t like it so I rarely make it.
Yummmo! That looks delish…love all your foodie pics!
These look so good– perfectly cooked, and an awesome combination.
I am a new follower of your blog– check out mine, and follow along! 🙂
Shrimp are so yummy and yet so low in calories 🙂
What a great summer dish! I can’t wait to make this over the weekend… 😀
Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. The new party is now up and I’d love for you to link up again 🙂
Wow! Just found this thanks to your new “Dinners in 1 Hour” section you mentioned on FaceBook… my mom Loves shrimp and garlic and lemons… and the lady who cooks dinners for her doesn’t… 🙁
I’ve been looking for quick and easy recipes I could do while visiting. This one will definitely be tried.
I’m really hoping it’s easy (fairly foolproof) I’m not much of a chef. But I try… (not poisoned anyone yet) 🙂
I love this! I hope your mom loves this dish – it really is fantastic – and it’s very easy – no chef experience required! 😉
I made this tonight. It was so yummy and flavorful, and best of all so easy to make! I got home from work at 4:30pm and dinner was ready by 5pm! Thanks for the recipe!!
You are so welcome! I’m so happy that you made it and loved it!
I made this tonight and it was great! Thank you 🙂
You are so welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed it!