This Coconut Sugar Scrub is made with 2 simple ingredients, and will leave your hands feeling softer than ever!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good sugar scrub! My hands are so dry from all the things I do during the day, and sugar scrubs have always helped them feel and be soft. In the past I have bought scrubs, and the last jar I had was pure luxury. It was a June Jacobs Lemon Sugar Scrub that was a gift and I loved it! But for $60 a container, I just couldn’t re-buy it! So I thought, why can’t I make my own? I can. I did.
Simple Clean Ingredients:
DIY Coconut Sugar Scrub Tips:
- Sugar scrubs are best for exfoliating hands and feet. I would never use this on my face. But you can use it on arms and legs as well.
- How to Use Sugar Scrubs: Apply it to dry skin, gently rub, then rinse with warm water.
- Coconut Oil:
- Pure coconut oil is solid at room temperature.
- Unrefined coconut oil smells out-of-this world amazing!
- Where to find coconut oil? I found the coconut oil in the organic foods aisle at the grocery store. Costco also has a really good one.
- Sugar: I just use regular granulated white sugar.
- Gift Idea: If you want to give this as a gift to someone, I have a free printable for your jars.
- If over time the scrub gets a little hard, add a tsp or so of coconut oil to the jar, let it sit for a couple of hours then stir it again.
- How long will it last? I don’t have a definite time frame, but I have had a jar last me a year with no issues at all.
- How to store it? I keep mine in a mason jar on my counter. Keep it tightly sealed so that it doesn’t dry out.