In this week’s Weekly Meal Plan, I’ve collected five delicious One Dish Meals. All can be on your table in about an hour or less after you get home from a busy day!
I LOVE one dish meals. I love the rich and hearty comfort food that is usually involved with this kind of cooking. And the quick prep and easy cleanup are great for busy weeknights! In this week’s meal plan, I’ve collected five delicious one pot meals that can be on your table in about an hour or less. Each plan includes three dessert ideas that can be made ahead on the weekend for easy after dinner weekday treats, or even lunch box additions! Let’s get to it!
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of meals that can be made quickly, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work, using one dish, leading to less clean up at the end of the meal.
- Yummy dessert ideas that can be made ahead for easy after dinner treats or lunch box snacks.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of one dish meals. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
If you love baked potatoes, you will love this hearty Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup! Put everything into the slow cooker in the morning, and come home to a ready dinner. All you have to do is stir in some cream, add cheese, and dress it up with your favourite baked potato toppings.
Main Dish: Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
A roasted chicken dinner does not have to be saved for Sunday! This One Hour, One Pot Roasted Chicken Dinner is exactly what it says it is: a quick roasted chicken dinner, complete with potatoes and other veggies, in one pot. An easy and delicious weeknight meal with minimal cleanup!
Main Dish: One Hour One Pot Roasted Chicken Dinner
Tonight’s one dish meal plan includes all the flavours of homemade pizza, without all the work! Try this Pizza Pasta Bake made of ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato sauce, and noodles, topped off with melted cheese and more pepperoni for a real pizza look and feel. Ready in 40 minutes!
Main Dish: Pizza Pasta Bake
Look no further for the ultimate nacho recipe! Layers of chips, beef, cheese, and all your favourite toppings make for a fun, satisfying, and easily customizable weeknight dinner!
Main Dish: Loaded Nachos
This Roasted Pork with Brown Sugar & Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash & Apples is the perfect way to celebrate the end of the workweek and the start of the weekend! The combination of roasted pork and rosemary, brown sugar, squash and herbs is perfection. Such a pretty and flavourful dish!
Desserts and Lunch Snack Prep
These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favourite classic chocolate chip cookie recipe! They are not cakey or crunchy, just perfectly crispy and chewy and chocolatey and delicious. A perfect make-ahead dessert or lunch box treat!
This is the only blueberry muffin recipe you will ever need. Soft and loaded with blueberries, these Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins are sweet enough for dessert, but also healthy enough to use as snacks in lunches too. They freeze well, so you can pull them out when needed!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bites are an easy to make, no-bake treat! They are made with peanut butter, chocolate, rice crisp cereal, coconut, rolled oats, and white chocolate chips. Perfect for dessert or snacking on!
There you go! A week of easy meals that won’t cause you any prep or cleanup stress. Let me know @aprettylife which was your favourite!
Have a delicious day!