Have this hearty and healthy Tomato and White Bean Hamburger Soup on your table in less than 1 hour. So flavourful and delicious!
Soups are such great dinner options. They’re a full meal in a warm, comforting and delicious bowl, and who can’t love that! This Tomato and White Bean Hamburger Soup is a meal you can feel good about serving to your family.
Hearty, flavourful and so delicious!
This Tomato and White Bean Hamburger Soup is full of beans, vegetables and lean ground beef, making it hearty enough as a stand alone meal. And the flavours…oh my…the broth is rich with flavours of tomato, herbs and parmesan cheese, the white cannellini beans are creamy…are you hungry yet?!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Broth: This Tomato and White Bean Hamburger Soup recipe calls for chicken stock, but you can use vegetable broth or beef broth as well. My favourite broth to use is the ‘Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken’, and when I use this I actually use 5 tsp with 4 cups water…it’s so flavourful!
- Beans: This recipe calls for white kidney beans which are also known as cannellini beans.
- Beef: Use lean ground beef. You can also use ground chicken, turkey, pork or a mix.
- Tomatoes: I like to use diced canned tomatoes with Italian seasoning. If you can’t find these, you can use regular diced canned tomatoes and add 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Noodles: Make sure to cook the noodles before you add them to the soup or they will soak up all the soup broth. And don’t be tempted to add more or else your soup will turn into stew!
- What about leftovers? Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You will likely notice that a lot of the broth will have been soaked up by the noodles. Just add more chicken broth as needed.
My favourite tip for this Tomato and White Bean Hamburger Soup is to add a parmesan cheese rind to the broth as it simmers. The flavour it adds to the broth is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I like to add a 2 – 3 inch chunk. Remove it before serving…but if it has melted into the soup, enjoy!
PIN IT to make later!
For even more soup recipes, make sure to follow my Soup Pinterest Board!
Have a delicious day!