This Easy Fruit Salad is bright, fresh and delicious! A wonderful addition to your breakfast. Ready in 15 minutes.
If you’re looking for a fresh and delicious dish to serve at breakfast, this Easy Fruit Salad is it! Loaded with all of your favourite fresh fruit, this dish comes together in just minutes.
For delicious inspiration!
I know it may seem funny to share a recipe for fruit salad, because we’ve all made one at some point in time. But the reason I’m sharing this recipe is because sometimes it’s just nice to have some inspiration when putting one together. Seeing a recipe or some images may inspire your own salad and make you think of adding something you might not have thought to before…like pomegranate seeds, which by the way are SO good in fruit salad.
Bright, colourful and tasty!
The key to making fruit salad is to use all of your favourite ingredients. I also think it’s important to use a rainbow of colours…the more colourful it is, the more appetizing it is too. Don’t you just want to dive spoon first into it?!
Easy Fruit Salad Recipe Tips:
As I’ve said before, there are no rules when it comes to fruit salad! Use what ever fresh fruit you and your family like…you can’t go wrong. Here are some fruit ideas:
- Oranges: Navel, mandarin, Satsuma
- Apples: Granny Smith, McIntosh, Gala
- Berries: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries
- Pomegranate Seeds (these add such a delicious crunch)
- Melon: Honeydew, Cantaloupe, Watermelon
- Bananas: if you’re using bananas, add them right before you serve the salad
- Fresh or Frozen? Always use fresh fruit. Frozen fruit will be watery and just doesn’t look as nice.
- Dressing: I like to add a little bit of dressing just to moisten and sweeten up the salad. The recipe for this is very simple: 2 tbsp orange juice and 2 tsp sugar.
- Does this salad keep well? I find that fruit salad is always best on the day it is made. It will keep in the fridge for 1 – 2 days, but it doesn’t look as fresh and gets a bit watery.
Delicious Dishes to Serve with Fruit Salad:
Now that you’ve got fruit salad covered, here are some recipes that pair perfectly!
- Croissant French Toast Bake
- Crustless Quiche
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake
- Easy Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Bake
Have a delicious day!