This easy Spinach Artichoke Dip is a creamy and delicious appetizer! Serve with crackers, bread or chips.
So, do you have any big plans this weekend? Entertaining perhaps? Or a cozy weekend snuggling up to a glass of wine and a movie? Either way, have I got a dip for you. I could eat this Spinach Artichoke Dip with a spoon. All. By. Myself. It’s that good. It’s creamy and so flavourful.
A Dip with Secret Healthy Ingredients
And want to know what’s even better? This dip is better for you than most dips! Yes, yes it is. Don’t be tricked into thinking all dips are bad, this dip has secret ingredients. The good for you kind…kidney beans, spinach, artichokes…it’s all about balance, right?
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe Tips!
- Sour Cream: I use regular sour cream, but you can use light sour cream instead. You can also use plain greek yogurt.
- Cream Cheese: I use regular fat cream cheese, but you can use light cream cheese if you wish.
- Spinach: This recipe calls for 1/2 of a 10 oz package of frozen spinach, but I used the whole thing and it worked well. Just make sure to squeeze out as much excess liquid as you can from the spinach before adding it to the ingredients (I use paper towel to do this). You can also use the same amount (5 to 10 ounces) of cooked fresh spinach…you have to cook it down before adding it to the dip ingredients.
- Cheese: This recipe calls for grated Asiago cheese, but you can also use parmesan cheese. Sometimes I like to use a combination of cheeses: parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese is delicious.
- Make Ahead: Make Ahead: I made this dip a few hours ahead of time, and just put it in the fridge until I was ready to bake it. You can also make it the night before.
- Serve with: This dip is so great with tortilla chips, pita chips, crostini, crackers and baguette slices! Delish!
I found this recipe from The Looneyspoons Collection Cookbook, and served it up at Easter. Honestly, like I said before, this cookbook is the best. I’ve made 4 things from it already, and all, ALL were hits in my home!
PIN IT for later!
I’m always looking for good dips! What are your favourites? Leave a link if you’ve got one!
Have a delicious day!