This Ground Chicken & Spinach Noodle Bake has delicious layers of noodles, meat sauce, vegetables and cheese. It’s kind of like a lazy, but lazy-fancy lasagna.
Happy day my friends! It is wintery here. Cold and very snowy…and I love it. I really do. It’s the kind of cold where your face hurts, and you can hear the snow squeaking under your feet when you walk, but call me crazy I welcome it. It feels cozy and looks so pretty, and not only that, this kind of weather gives me the perfect excuse to stay inside and cook and bake. It makes me feel homey. This is the time when I bake big batches of chocolate chip cookies, and pots of homemade spaghetti sauce and chicken noodle soup.
I also like to use this winter time to try making new casseroles because they are perfect for busy evenings. One dish, cheesy and hearty meals are my family’s favourite! Recently I made this Ground Chicken & Spinach Noodle Bake and it was delicious! It was hearty, comforting and so flavourful…a perfect winter dish.
Layers of noodles, meat sauce, vegetables and cheese. It’s kind of like a lazy, but lazy-fancy lasagna. Chock full of healthy ingredients like spinach, tomatoes, and ground chicken…and made uber delicious with the addition of bacon. Oh my.
The addition of ricotta cheese makes this casserole creamy and extra cheesy. Yummmmm
- You can make this pasta dish even easier by using a jar of prepared spaghetti sauce, or you can make your own sauce too. This is a really flexible recipe.
- Want to add more nutrition? Saute some carrots and zucchini to add to the sauce.
- Can’t eat wheat? Use gluten free noodles.
- You can even use ground beef if you prefer it over ground turkey or chicken.
- Make this dish your own! Oh, and did I mention that it is ready in 1 hour too? Even better.
– – –
Have a delicious day!