I had a hankering for a snack. But what else is new? I didn’t want to eat potato chips (they make me feel gross after), but I wanted something crunchy and sweet. Oh and cinnamon-y. And did I mention sweet? Oh, and healthy too? Is that even possible…well kind of?
I stared at the pitas on my counter wondering hmmmm… what can I do with these…? Chips. Turn them into chips. Simple. It doesn’t have to be complicated to be yummy!
- whole wheat pitas
- vegetable or canola oil
- Cut the pitas in half (like in the picture above), and very carefully separate the two sides from each other.
- Brush one side of each pita piece with the oil.
- Generously sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut the pitas in half again, then into small chip sized pieces.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 6-8 minutes. Make sure to watch them very carefully. They basically go from not being done to burnt in 2 seconds flat!
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Sugar Chips Recipe Tips!
- These are great on their own (perfect for the kids lunch kits!).
- Or serve them with a fruit salsa or yogourt dip.