Have pita bread? Make Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips! These simple chips are crunchy, sweet and so delicious. Enjoy on their own or with sweet dips.
These Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips are perfect homemade snack that you can have ready in just minutes! They’re so easy to make and taste so much better than store-bought.
Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips Recipe Tips:
- PITA BREAD: You can use regular or whole wheat pita breads.
- OIL: You can use melted butter, vegetable or canola oil or coconut oil.
- EASILY DOUBLED: Or tripled! Make as many as you like. They’re perfect for snacking (keep a stash in your pantry) and they’re also great for parties for dips.
- CUTTING THE CHIPS: You can cut the pitas into what ever shape you like. I like to use a pizza cutter to cut them into chip sized wedges.
- STORAGE: Keep the chips in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- FREEZING: I don’t recommend freezing these chips.
Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
Have pita bread? Make Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips! These simple chips are crunchy, sweet and so delicious. Enjoy on their own or with sweet dips. This recipe makes a small batch, but you can easily double or triple it.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- 2 pita breads (whole wheat or regular)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter (see tips)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut the pitas in half (like in the picture above), and very carefully separate the two sides from each other.
- Brush one side of each pita bread with the oil or melted butter.
- Generously sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut the pitas in half again, then into small chip sized pieces.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Make sure to watch them very carefully as they basically go from not being done to burnt in 2 seconds flat!
Keywords: cinnamon sugar pita chips
PIN IT to make later!
Have a delicious day!