There’s nothing worse than working hard on a meal for your family and having them turn their nose up when you serve it to them! In this week’s meal plan, I have collected some family favourites that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. I hope you get more excitement and fewer scrunchy noses from your family this week!
THIS WEEK’S MEAL PLAN OF FAMILY FAVOURITES INCLUDES:
- A variety of meals that you can make quickly, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work.
- A yummy dessert for each day, some of which can double as lunch kit treats for kids at school!
- A bonus family dinner for the weekend!
MAKE MEAL PLANNING A SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following:
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of family favourites. These meals are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
Soups go over pretty well in my house, and this is definitely a family favourite menu here! Try this meal consisting of a Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup, a fresh Green Salad with a Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette, Homemade Whole Wheat Buns (let your bread machine do the hard work!), and THE BEST Chocolate Cake around as a tasty dessert.
Main dish: Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Bread: Homemade Whole Wheat Buns
Dessert: The BEST Chocolate Cake (9×13)
I have never heard of anyone complaining about a chicken dinner, and this menu is no exception! Try this uncomplicated and delicious Oven Roasted Chicken paired with Grilled Fall Vegetables (use your family favourites) and a classic Peach Raspberry Crisp to top it all off.
Main dish: Oven Roasted Chicken
Side dish: Grilled Fall Vegetables
Side dish: Hasselback Potatoes
Dessert: Peach Raspberry Crisp
If you have littles in your house, I’m sure you’re already familiar with this menu offering. Here is my take on Homemade Chicken Fingers, Home Fries from scratch, Classic Spinach Dip with veggies, and scrumptious Peanut Butter Bread as a tasty treat.
Main dish: Homemade Chicken Fingers
Side dish: Home Fries
Side dish: Classic Spinach Dip and Vegetables
Dessert: Peanut Butter Bread
I think this particular menu is EVERYONE’s family favourite! I give you: Three Cheese Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese, simple and delicious Roasted Asparagus, and Easy No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert.
Main dish: Three Cheese Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Side dish: Roasted Asparagus
Finally, this simple and delicious pot roast beef dinner menu includes popovers, mashed potatoes, a green salad, and apple crisp for dessert. Classic comfort food and easy recipes that really satisfy!
That’s it! 6 composed meals to make your busy week a little easier. I hope you recognized some of your old family favourites, as well as some fresh ideas that can become new favourites too! Lastly, tell me in the comments below which one went over best!
Have a delicious day!