In this week’s Weekly Meal Plan, I’ve collected five delicious and healthy meals. All can be on your table in about an hour or less after you get home from a busy day!
Sometimes it feels like I can either feed my family healthy food OR make a quick meal, not both! This week, I have collected five recipes that check all the boxes: easy to get on the table quickly, containing all the major food groups, and fun and delicious too! I hope you get some inspiration here for your own table and see that it is actually possible to be quick and healthy at the same time!
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of healthy meals that can be made quickly, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work.
- Yummy and healthy dessert ideas that can be made ahead for easy after dinner treats or lunch box snacks.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of healthy meals. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
Monday’s offering is a Mexican Bowl Recipe. This is such a fun, delicious and healthy dinner idea. Take your favourite taco ingredients and serve them buffet style, so everyone can create their own bowl! Follow it up with these Maple Apple Muffins, a quick, healthy, and delicious dessert.
Main Dish: Mexican Bowl Recipe
Dessert: Maple Apple Muffins
This Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta is a healthy and delicious dinner. Spaghetti noodles and a creamy butternut squash sauce with flavours of sage and parmesan cheese: what’s not to love? Pair it with a simple green salad topped with a delicious homemade Honey Vinaigrette, and serve these Raspberries n’ Cream Yogurt Pops as a light, yummy after dinner treat.
Main Dish: Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
Side Dish: Green Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
Dessert: Raspberries and Cream Yogurt Pops
This menu offering includes this Coconut Lime Grilled Turkey Noodle Bowl, a fresh, delicious, and healthy meal loaded with vegetables, high protein turkey, and drizzled in a delicious peanut coconut dressing. Finish it off with this Fresh Raspberry Greek Yogurt treat for dessert!
Main Dish: Coconut Lime Grilled Turkey Noodle Bowl
Dessert: Fresh Raspberry Greek Yogurt
Try these Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Peppers for something different this week! Filled with ground chicken, black beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic and topped with loads of cheese, they are sure to be a winner. Pair them with this Pea Salad with Radishes & Feta for a tangy and delicious side dish, and finish with these Banana Berry Bomb Muffins for a healthy after dinner treat!
Main Dish: Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Side Dish: Pea Salad with Radishes & Feta
Dessert: Banana Berry Bomb Muffins
Finish up your healthy meal plan week with this Potato Frittata (Crustless Quiche)! This egg and potato baked dish is simple and healthy comfort food. Serve it with this Easy Tomato Burrata Salad Recipe, ready in just minutes! For dessert, try this tangy, creamy, delicious Rhubarb Cloud.
Main Dish: Potato Frittata (Crustless Quiche)
Side Dish: Easy Tomato Burrata Salad Recipe
Dessert: Rhubarb Cloud
There you have it! Five easy recipes that you can feel good about feeding your family on busy weeknights. Let me know @aprettylife which was your favourite!
Have a delicious day!