For this week’s meal plan I’ve collected five healthy and flavourful summer meals to satisfy the entire family. All of them can be on your table in about an hour after a busy day.
Summer has finally arrived and I am so excited! This week’s Weekly Menu Plan celebrates the fresh, healthy and flavourful foods of the season. Every meal includes all of the major food groups and is perfect for busy summer evenings too.
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of healthy summer meals with fresh, seasonal ingredients that the whole family can enjoy.
- Yummy and healthy dessert and drink ideas that make the perfect after-dinner treat or summer day snack.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of healthy and flavourful summer recipes. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free!
Start the week with this easy recipe for delicious Grilled Pork Chops with Ginger Peach Chutney. In under an hour, you can have this fresh dish served alongside a sensational Summer Salad with Simple Strawberry Vinaigrette. Together this meal is full of flavour and seasonal fruits and pairs perfectly with a Pomegranate Sparkling Cocktail. So healthy and so good!
Tuesday’s meal plan offering is a tasty yet healthy recipe for Quinoa Burgers! These are a delicious, meat-free option that is a perfect match for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries. Crispy, healthy and oh so yummy. Get in all the veggies for dinner then top up your daily fruit servings with a fresh and easy fruit salad for dessert.
Main Dish: Quinoa Burgers
Side Dish: Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Dessert: Easy Fruit Salad
For today’s healthy summer meal we have a Blueberry Balsamic Grilled Turkey Salad. Loaded with fresh summer fruit, this protein punch of lean grilled turkey and creamy goat cheese is drizzled with a blueberry vinaigrette – the perfect summer dish! For dessert try one of these 12 Fresh Fruit Juice Popsicle Flavour Combos.
Main Dish: Blueberry Balsamic Grilled Turkey Salad
Tonight’s menu is a colourful and fresh Tex Mex Couscous Salad. This is a simple and delicious main that is a perfect addition to your dinner rotation this season. You can even make it ahead of time to save the stress on those activity packed summer evenings. For dessert, try my Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake, which is also packed full of flavour you will love!
Main Dish: Tex Mex Couscous Salad
Dessert: Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake
Tonight’s dish puts a fresh and fun twist on the traditional Cobb Salad by adding pasta! In under an hour, you’ll have a perfect summer dish packed with lettuce, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, chicken, avocado and crumbled cheese tossed with noodles and a tangy vinaigrette. After this ultimate dinner, try out another fresh and flavourful recipe for dessert. My Lemon Cream Fruit Tart with Shortbread Cookie Crust is a perfect treat to end the week.
Main Dish: Cobb Pasta Salad
There you have it! A meal plan with five healthy summer meals that are full of fresh, healthy and flavourful foods of the season the whole family will love. If you try any of these recipes I’d love to know! Tag me @aprettylife. Happy cooking everyone!
Have a delicious day!