Meal Plan: Vegetarian
There are many reasons to try and fit more vegetarian meals into your lifestyle. Whether you are feeling health or budget conscious, or are just looking for something new to put into rotation in your dinner planning routine, I get it! In this meal plan, I’ve collected a whole week’s worth of meat-free meals! They are hearty, delicious, and far from boring or lacking in anything. Enjoy!
THIS WEEK’S MEAL PLAN OF VEGETARIAN DISHES INCLUDES:
- A variety of meals that you can make quickly, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work.
- A yummy dessert for each day, some of which can double as lunch kit treats for kids at school!
MAKE MEAL PLANNING A SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following:
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of vegetarian favourites. These meals are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
This menu offering includes a rich and flavourful French Onion Soup, Homemade Bread Machine Dinner Buns, and individually sized Blueberry Hand Pies for a fun and delicious dessert.
Main dish: French Onion Soup
Bread: Homemade Bread Machine Dinner Buns
Dessert: Blueberry Hand Pies
Chickpeas are such a versatile and delicious option when it comes to going meat-free. Try this One Pot Coconut Chickpea Dinner, a dish full of cauliflower and sweet potato goodness simmered in an onion/garlic/ginger/spice/tomato/coconut milk sauce. Complement it with simple Basmati Rice, and finish with this yummy and classic Peanut Butter Confetti Cake!
Main dish: One Post Coconut Chickpea Dinner
Side dish: Steamed basmati rice
Dessert: Peanut Butter Confetti Cake
You can’t go wrong with a pasta dish! This Creamy Lemon Pasta full of cream, fresh lemon, and parmesan cheese is loved by my entire family. Pair it with this fresh Easy Tomato Burrata Salad and serve this Easy Lemon Mousse as a tasty treat at the end.
Main dish: Creamy Lemon Pasta
Salad: Easy Tomato Burrata Salad
Dessert: Easy Lemon Mousse
Eggs are a beautiful, delicious, and affordable meat substitute and they are impossible to ignore in a meat-free menu offering. I give you Potato Frittata (Crustless Quiche), a lovely baked egg dish that is sure to please. Serve it with these delicious Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites for a fun take on a standard vegetable! And finish the meal with these decadent Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies.
Main dish: Potato Frittata (Crustless Quiche)
Side dish: Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Anyone who says meat-free meals are boring has not met my Tomato, Basil & Zucchini Goat Cheese Tart! Pair this with my gorgeous Rainbow Pasta Salad and this Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread for dessert, and you are sure to change their mind.
Main dish: Tomato, Basil & Zucchini Goat Cheese Tart
Side dish: Rainbow Pasta Salad
Dessert: Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread
Which day of the week from this vegetarian meal plan are you most excited to try? My goal today is to make your workweek menu a bit more interesting! And with no meat to thaw or prepare ahead of time, I’m hoping these recipes make your life a bit easier too. Let me know in the comments which one went over best! I’d also love it if you tag me in any tasty food photos on Instagram @aprettylife!
Here are even more Weekly Meal Plans!
Have a delicious day!