Weekly Meal Plan: Mediterranean Inspired
For this Meal Plan, I’ve collected five delicious Mediterranean-inspired dishes. All can be on your table in about an hour after a busy day!
Get ready to take a trip around the world with this week’s meal plan. I’m giving you five days of the amazing flavours and easy preparation of my favourite Mediterranean inspired dishes! These meals are healthy, easy to prepare, and packed with flavour and freshness. If you love cheese, tomatoes, and basil in any combination, you’re going to love this week’s offerings!
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of healthy Mediterranean inspired meals that can be made quickly, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work.
- Yummy dessert ideas that can be made ahead for easy after dinner treats or lunch box snacks.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of healthy Mediterranean inspired meals. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
These Spinach & Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Caramelized Onions and Sun-Dried Tomatoes require very little explanation! Pair them with this Easy Caprese Salad, bursting with Mediterranean flavours and ingredients. Then finish with this beautiful Lemon Bundt Cake for dessert!
Main Dish: Spinach & Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Caramelized Onions and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Side Dish: Easy Caprese Salad
Dessert: Lemon Bundt Cake
This luxurious Creamy Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta can be on your table in one hour! You can’t go wrong with basil, tomatoes, garlic, wine, and cream tossed with shrimp and pasta. Keep the flavour theme going with this Basil Tomato Bruschetta for a fabulous sidekick, and finish off with a delicious Lemon Cream Fruit Tart with a Shortbread Cookie Crust for dessert.
Main Dish: Creamy Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta
Side Dish: Basil Tomato Bruschetta
Dessert: Lemon Cream Fruit Tart
Next, if you love Greek salad, this Greek Chicken Bowl will really hit the spot! Serve marinated Greek chicken with all the Greek salad trimmings buffet style with tzatziki sauce and Greek dressing for a quick and healthy main course. And these Chocolate Pecan Tarts make a great dessert to finish off with!
Main Dish: Greek Chicken Bowl
Dessert: Chocolate Pecan Tarts
Looking for a light dinner that can be on your table in about 15 minutes? Try this Smoked Salmon Flatbread (with dill cream cheese)! So flavourful and a little unexpected. Pair it with this Sprouted Bean Salad, hearty and delicious. Then keep the surprise flavour thing going with this Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Glaze for dessert.
Main Dish: Smoked Salmon Flatbread
Side Dish: Sprouted Bean Salad
Just look at how fresh this dish is! Perfectly roasted chicken with delicious fresh tomato basil and garlic bruschetta…so so good. Then pair it with this Fresh Tomato Salad with Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette, and finish with this light and breezy Easy Lemon Mousse for dessert.
Main Dish: Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
Side Dish: Fresh Tomato Salad with Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette
Dessert: Easy Lemon Mousse
There you have it! A meal plan of five easy Mediterranean inspired dishes that you can feel good about feeding your family on busy weeknights. Let me know @aprettylife which was your favourite!
Here are even more meal plans to help you with dinner!
Have a delicious day!