Do you ever want to just try something new for dinner? For this week’s meal plan, I’ve collected some recipes with an international feel (ok, mostly Thai because I LOVE Thai food) that you might not have made in your kitchen before! Bursting with flavour and spice, these dishes are sure to please! They might even make it into your regular rotation. I hope you find some inspiration here for shaking things up in your kitchen!
THIS WEEK’S MEAL PLAN FOR INTERNATIONAL MEALS INCLUDES:
- A variety of meals that you can make quickly, most of which you can have on the table in under an hour.
- A yummy dessert for each day, some of which can double as lunch kit treats for kids at school!
MAKE MEAL PLANNING A SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following:
- Make sure you have all the groceries! First, it is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of international favourites. These meals are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
This is a Thai-inspired menu! Try this Coconut Curry Halibut Chowder, a spicy soup full of chunky vegetables and meat with coconut milk and fresh ginger and herbs. Soup heaven! Finish with this twist on a classic cookie: my Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons.
Main Dish: Coconut Curry Halibut Chowder
Dessert: Chocolate Chip Macaroons
Can you tell yet that I really love Thai flavours? These Thai Pork Sliders with Red Curry Aioli are bursting with the fresh flavours of ginger, cilantro and red curry! Serve them alongside these Thai Sweet Potato Latkes for more fresh Thai spicy goodness. Finish this meal with a sweet treat, Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes. You cannot go wrong with white cake, a pudding centre, and ganache!
Main Dish: Thai Pork Sliders with Red Curry Aioli
Side Dish: Thai Sweet Potato Latkes
Dessert: Boston Creme Pie Cupcakes
Simplify things with this Summer Roll Salad Bar as a delicious make-your-own dinner! First, set out all the makings of a summer roll, then let everyone dish up. Serve with a peanut sauce and ginger dressing. And if you are like me and love all things coconut, you will love my Coconut Pound Cake with Coconut Sugar Glaze as a yummy dessert!
Main Dish: Summer Roll Salad Bar
This Korean Beef recipe is ready and on your table in 30 minutes or less! Sweet, spicy, and delicious served over steamed rice. Next, for a truly decadent finishing touch on your meal, try my German Chocolate Cake smothered in a gooey coconut pecan caramel frosting.
Main Dish: 30 Minute Korean Beef
Side Dish: Steamed Rice
Dessert: German Chocolate Cake
That’s it! Five meal ideas that will hopefully add a little spice to your life this week. Lastly, let me know in the comments which one went over best, or tag me on Instagram @aprettylife!
Have a delicious day!