Weekly Meal Plan: Fall Flavours
For this week’s Weekly Meal Plan, I’ve collected five of my favourite meals with all the fall flavours this new season calls for!
Fall has arrived! The trees are changing colour and it is pumpkin spice time once again. To celebrate the season, I am bringing you a Weekly Menu Plan with all of the flavourful foods and ingredients of fall. The meals consist of all the major food groups and are nourishing and comforting, perfect for the changing weather.
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of healthy meals with seasonal fall flavours and ingredients that the whole family can enjoy
- Yummy dessert ideas that can be made ahead of time for the perfect after dinner dessert or lunch box snack
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of healthy and flavourful fall recipes. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free!
Start the week with this easy recipe for classic Beef Stew. It is the perfect warm, healthy comfort food, with my favourite Pumpkin Dinner Rolls served up alongside. For dessert, try these Pumpkin Sugar Cookies. They are so soft, sweet and full of fall pumpkin flavour!
Main Dish: Beef Stew
Side Dish: Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Dessert: Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
For Tuesday’s fall flavour menu offering, we have a quick, easy recipe for Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta that can be ready in under an hour. Serve with a simple green salad to add a fresh, healthy element for the perfect pairing. After dinner, enjoy this Carrot Zucchini Apple bread that makes the perfect fall harvest dessert and next day’s lunchbox snack!
Main Dish: Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta
Side Dish: Simple Green Salad with Homemade Mayo Dressing
Dessert: Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread
This hump day, enjoy these comforting Creamy Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops. Serve over egg noodles and toss in fresh spinach for an easy to make but delicious and well-rounded meal. Finish off the evening with my No Churn Coconut Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe to top up on the sweet fall flavours!
Main Dish: Creamy Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops
Side Dish: Egg noodles
Dessert: No Churn Coconut Pumpkin Ice Cream
These Easy Meatball Subs are simple to make and the perfect comfort food for the cool fall weather! Serve alongside Airfryer Potato Wedges for the ultimate dinner full of flavour and texture. For a delicious dessert, try my Cinnamon Apple Pull Apart Bread. It is so sweet, gooey and full of yummy fall cinnamon flavour.
Main Dish: Easy Meatball Subs
Side Dish: Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Dessert: Cinnamon Apple Pull Apart Bread
Finish off the meal plan full of fall flavours with this delicious French Onion Soup and Homemade Whole Wheat Buns. A must make recipe combination that is ready and on your table in under an hour. After this family favourite comfort dish, enjoy my yummy fall-flavoured Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies. The perfect Friday night sweet!
Main Dish: French Onion Soup
Side Dish: Homemade Whole Wheat Buns
Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
There you have it! A meal plan with five healthy meals full of fall flavours that are full of hearty and delicious comfort foods that the whole family will love. If you try any of these recipes I’d love to know! Tag me @aprettylife. Happy cooking everyone!
Have a delicious day!