What’s For Dinner? Classy Chicken
This delicious and easy Classy Chicken recipe is a ‘Best of Bridge’ favourite in our home! Flavourful, cheesy chicken, broccoli and a creamy flavourful sauce.
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal idea, try this Classy Chicken recipe! This dish is on regular rotation in our home, and we love it!
After I had my third baby, a neighbour friend of ours stopped by with this dish for our new family. Between recovering from a C-section, and shuffling 2 older kids back and forth to school, I can’t tell you how much this meal meant to us! I can honestly say that families with new babies (or any life changing event) really really love and need food. Especially meals…I hope to carry this on for those around our family that need us.
This is a fabulous recipe! It’s now a family fave! Super easy. Quick. Healthy. Yummy.
- Chicken: I like to use chicken breast for this dish, but you can use other cuts like boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Vegetable: Broccoli is our favourite in this recipe, but asparagus is delicious too!
- Fresh or Frozen Vegetables? You can use either, but fresh is best!
- Curry: Yes, there is curry in this dish, don’t be afraid to use it! It is very mild and adds the most delicious flavour to this chicken recipe.
- Soup: This recipe calls for Cream of Chicken soup, but I have also used Cream of Potato.
- Grated Cheese: I like to use cheddar cheese, but marble cheese works great too!
- What do I serve Classy Chicken with? I like to serve it with steamed rice and extra green vegetables, like steamed broccoli or green beans.
- Make ahead for dropping off to friends: If you want to drop this meal off to a friend or family in need, assemble the dish completely, then take it to your friend/family and have them pop it in their oven right away for dinner that night.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into big bite sized chunks)
- fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can of Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 good sized head of fresh broccoli (or you can use a bunch of asparagus)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your vegetable of choice, but be careful not to overcook it. You want the vegetable to be crunchy, so just barely blanch. Drain. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In the mean time, heat up your olive oil in a fry pan, then put in your chicken, season with pepper, and cook until the meat is almost completely cooked through (Until it looks opaque – this is to ensure that it doesn’t get overcooked while it’s in the oven). Drain. Layer chicken on top of your veggie in the baking dish.
- Combine the soup, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice.
- Pour soup mix over chicken. Stir.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Don’t be afraid of the curry! The flavour of it is so mild.
Keywords: classy chicken
More Delicious Chicken Recipes that are perfect for weeknight:
- Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
- Homemade Chicken Fingers
- Sweet Chili Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- White Chili Chicken
This looks DELISH!!! I’m definitely trying it. 🙂
Sounds yummy, I love quick simple dinners because we are always so rushed for time in the evenings. Can’t wait to try this one!
yummo. That sounds fantastic!!!!
This is my favourite Best of Bridge recipe! I have it on my blog as well. YUM!!
Can’t wait to prepare this !! Thank you for the reciepe
Fantastic! Can’t wait try it! Thank you 🙂
Oh, I’m going to have to try this!
Thanks for stopping by ComeTogetherKids. You have so many great recipes on your blog, I’m a new follower! (and hopefully soon to be a better cook!)
This is a perfect recipe for my Foodie Friday linky party! Pop on over and link up!
Oh, and I am your newest follower! 🙂
I adore this recipe, and LOVE the best of bridge books too. I have every single one of them. Most of my recipes come from them. Love your blog.
This is a fave at my house too!! Can’t go wrong with any Best of Bridge recipes – – but this is definitely one of the best of the best!!
Classy Chicken is a classic! Thanks for reminding me how much I love this recipe!!
This is a big favourite in my house too!! So quick and easy …. and D-licious!! I like using whole wheat pasta as an alternative to the brown rice (which I also love!).
This has been a favorite in our house for about 28 years, it’s a great recipe from Best of Bridge!
I got it from a woman that I babysat for.