After I had my third baby, a neighbour friend of ours stopped by with this dish for our new family. Between recovering from a C-section, and shuffling 2 older kids back and forth to school, I can’t tell you how much this meal meant to us! I can honestly say that families with new babies (or any life changing event) really really love and need food. Especially meals…I hope to carry this on for those around our family that need us.
This is a fabulous recipe! It’s now a family fave! Super easy. Quick. Healthy. Yummy.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into big bite sized chunks
- olive oil
- 1 – 10 oz can of Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 good sized head of fresh broccoli, or you can use a bunch of asparagus
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your veggie of choice, but be careful not to overcook. You want the vegetable to be crunchy, so just barely blanch. Drain. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In the mean time, heat up your olive oil in a fry pan, then put in your chicken, season with pepper, and cook until the meat is almost completely cooked through (Until it looks opaque – this is to ensure that it doesn’t get overcooked while it’s in the oven). Drain. Layer chicken on top of your veggie in the baking dish.
- Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice.
- Pour soup mix over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice.
Don’t be afraid of the curry! The flavour of it is so mild.