For this week’s meal plan I’ve collected five delicious, quick and easy summer meals to satisfy the entire family. All of them can be on your table in about an hour after a busy day.
It’s June! The kids are almost out of school, extra-curricular activities are all wrapping up, and boy, are parents tired! So for this week, I’ve put together a quick and easy summer meal plan that consists of five fast, easy and delicious meals to satisfy the entire family. All of them can be on your table in about an hour after a busy day.
THE MENU INCLUDES
- A variety of quick and easy main courses, most of which you can have on the table within an hour of when you get home from a busy day at work without having to turn the oven on.
- Yummy dessert and beverage ideas that can be made ahead for easy after-dinner treats.
MEAL PLANNING SUCCESS
Of course, there are a few things you need to remember to make this kind of thing work for you and your schedule. Sometimes I hear people say that meal planning doesn’t work for their lifestyle, and usually, it’s because they don’t do at least one of the following.
- Make sure you have all the groceries! It is crucial to go through the plan the weekend before, to make sure you have all the ingredients and are ready to go when the work week starts and life gets crazy. I have tried to make sure ingredients are simple and on-hand in most pantries, but there’s always going to be a few things missing!
- Review and change the order you prepare the suggested recipes to suit your needs. For days you know you will be running errands or taking kids to activities, plan the meals with the lowest prep and shortest cook times. Save the slightly more involved recipes for evenings when you can breathe.
- Plan ahead. Look at the recipe for the next day the night before, and see if there’s anything you can do to get ready. Even chopping vegetables the day before will make you feel in control and give you that precious extra few minutes to get out the door on time.
- Take meal planning seriously! If you know what’s in your pantry and what your plans are for feeding your family at least a few days in a row, you will find that dinner will become far less stressful. I’m including the link for my FREE printable meal planning toolkit to help you really get organized and set up for success.
Now, let’s get planning! I’m so excited to present this week’s meal plan full of quick and easy summer recipes. These are sure to get you and your family through the week well-fed and stress-free.
Have you ever had Mexican Street Corn Salad? It’s so delicious (not to mention fresh and healthy!) that I could actually eat the entire thing myself. The dressing is so creamy and the corn so flavourful, and there are bites of tart cheese and tasty cilantro too. I’ve added grilled Mexican chicken and cooked quinoa to complete the bowl. To round it off, add this kid-friendly pina colada popsicle, which I bet would be fabulous with some rum added…just sayin’!
Main Dish: Mexican Street Corn Chicken Bowl
Dessert: Pina Colada Pops
What’s a gal to do on those summer days when busy activities overlap with the dinner hour? Get creative with easily transportable meal ideas, that’s what! That’s how I came up with this Grilled Chicken Caprese Pasta Salad With Creamy Balsamic Dressing. It’s loaded with flavour and oh-so delicious. For dessert, try this Simple Strawberry Granita Lemonade, perfect for hot summer days and just as easy to transport as your dinner!
Beverage: Simple Strawberry Granita Lemonade
For today’s quick and easy summer meal we’re eating Mexican! This Grilled Shrimp With Avocado Butter dish is so easy to make. A little bit of lime, a little bit of heat, and a whole lot of deliciousness! Pair it with this super easy and yummy Mexican Rice, which is full of flavour and amazing with BBQ’d meats. Finish it off with this amazing Peach Raspberry Crisp.
Main Dish: Grilled Shrimp with Avocado Butter
Side Dish: Mexican Rice
Dessert: Peach Raspberry Crisp in Mason Jars
Summer is such a busy time with kids running around the whole house! This quick and easy Pesto Grilled Chicken With Fresh Tomato Pasta is a perfect go-to summer meal for those extra busy days. Basil + Chicken + BBQ = Heaven on earth 🤤. Finish with my Easy Strawberry Jello Poke Cake, because what’s summer without jello?
Dessert: Easy Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
What better way to celebrate summer weekends than eating Sweet and Sticky BBQ Turkey Legs made with a sweet and tangy homemade BBQ sauce? Pair them with a bowl of Pea Salad With Radishes And Feta for a simple and delicious meal. Finish with some Lavender Tea Lemonade, a unique and yummy take on classic lemonade.
Main Dish: Sweet and Sticky BBQ Turkey Legs
Beverage: Lavender Tea Lemonade
There you have it! A meal plan with five quick and easy summer meals that are full of healthy delicious food the whole family will love. If you try any of these recipes I’d love to know! Tag me @aprettylife. Happy cooking everyone!
Have a delicious day!