If you love cheese, butter and white bread, then you will love these! They are the Best of Bridge’s Mad Madeleine’s Cheese Puffs. But if you are looking for a low-cal treat, these aren’t for you! But then again, when ever is a treat supposed to be low cal? I first discovered these through a family friend who makes them every year for her Boxing Day party. They are ah-mazing.
Buttery. Rich. Decadent!
Mad Madelaine’s Cheese Puffs
- 2 loaves white bread (sliced (day old is best))
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 3/4 lb butter
- Whip softened cheese and butter, until fluffy.
- Take 3 slices of bread and spread the cheese mix on each, and stack.
- Remove crusts, and cut into quarters.
- Then ice each piece on sides and top. (This is the messy, finicky part)
- Place on a cookie sheet, cover with tin foil and freeze.
- Make sure the squares are frozen before you bake them.
- When ready to use, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese melts and the start to brown.
- But be careful not to burn them!
Recipe from the Best of Bridge!
These will be a hit! Trust me…they don’t last long, and you will be asked a million times over for the recipe!
Have a delicious day!