Oh man, we love pancakes in our house…we have them every weekend. Without fail. If we’re all home, we eat pancakes on Saturday morning! And I look forward to them every week, especially because I don’t have to make them! This is the hubby’s job!
A while ago, he ventured out of our usual recipes, and tried a new one…gasp! He wanted to try Martha Stewart’s Best Buttermilk Pancakes, and I thought that they wouldn’t be any better than any other buttermilk pancakes we’ve had. Boy was I wrong. These are the best. Literally. They rocked our socks off! Yeeum.
Simple. Rich. Comfort food.Print
Best Ever Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir to just combine. The batter should be slightly lumpy (small lumps).
- Scoop about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when the top of each pancake is spotted with bubbles and some of the bubbles have popped.
- Serve with yum yummy syrup!
You can use all white flour if you wish.
More pancake recipes: