Fresh peaches, peach jam, peach crisp, and peach pie!
Makes 1 2-crust 9″pie
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 – 2 tbsp heaping icing sugar (optional)
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pie crust (see recipe above)
The Peach Filling
- 4 cups sliced peaches (remove skins first)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sift flour, salt and icing sugar into a bowl.
- Cut in shortening until particles are pea-sized.
- Sprinkle with water, 1 tsp at a time, mixing lightly with a fork.
- Press into a ball. Separate into 2 balls.
- Roll out each ball onto a well floured surface.
Making the Peach Filling
- In a bowl combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Set aside.
Baking the Pie
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Put one rolled out section of crust into your pie plate. Gently press down.
- Add peach filling.
- Add on the other rolled out section of pie crust.
- Press together the edges of the crust. Then trim off the extra dough.
- With a sharp knife, cut vents into the top crust. I usually make 4 vents.
- In your preheated 425 degree oven, bake your pie for 30 minutes. Then after this time, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for 25-35 minutes more. Bake until the crust is golden brown and your filling is bubbling in the vents.
- Roll your pie dough on floured wax paper. It makes it so much easier to pick up your crust. It’s great for clean-up too!
- If you happen to have a mini-pie maker too, just remember to cook the filling first.