This Candy Cane Cloud Dessert is a tasty whipped cream dessert, but it’s also amazing as a frosting for chocolate cake!
We’re coming up to the final stretch before Christmas! I can’t believe how fast December is flying by, can you?! I really have to remind myself to step back and enjoy the holiday season. Next week I’m going to be slowing down over here and spend some quality time with my family…the kids are going to be off of school soon so we’ll bake some whipped shortbread, make some cinnamon salt ornaments, build our gingerbread house, and hopefully get out to do some skating! I’m really looking forward to it!
Anyway, I wanted to share a quick and easy Christmas dessert with you…it requires only 3 ingredients and is super yummy! This Candy Cane Cloud Dessert is similar to a recipe I made for Valentine’s Day, called Cupid’s Cloud Dessert. These whipped cream desserts are nice as a little after dinner sweet treat, but it would also be amazing to ‘ice’ a cake with. I think it would be SO delicious spread over my chocolate cake recipe! Oh my!
Just look how pretty it is! Top it off with some crushed candy canes…so festive! And so easy…this dessert only takes about 15 minutes to make, so you can get it ready early in the day, put them in the fridge for about an hour and you’ve got dessert ready to go!
Candy Cane Cloud Dessert
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup finely crushed candy canes See Instructions
- In a mixer, whip together the whipping cream and sugar. Set aside.
- In a food processor grind about 4 - 5 candy canes (you want them ground finely, almost like a powder).
- Fold the ground candy canes into the whipping cream.
- Evenly distribute the dessert between 4-5 dessert cups or fancy glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, more if you can, so the flavours have time to meld. (See Notes)
- You can make this dessert in the early afternoon of the same day that you are going to eat it. That way it will be ready for dessert when you are!
- This is a light dessert, but can also be used as a whipped topping for cake recipes.
– – – –
Looking for more minty goodness? Here are some great recipes!
How is your holiday planning going? Are you busy baking? Shopping? Whew. So much to do isn’t there?!