This Sangria Slush is the perfect summer drink! Made with red wine, Grand Marnier, brandy, pomegranate juice and frozen fruit, this blender drink is refreshing for summer!
With summer here, and many of us looking to enjoy this beautiful season close to home in our backyards and on home patios, I want to share some easy and delicious summer recipes to make our summer the best it can be! Today I’ve joined some of my blogger friends, and we have come together to share 23 delicious summer drink recipes with you! Easy and delicious drinks to make your summer fun and festive! Thank you to Krista of Happy Housie for organizing this Season Simplicity Summer Series. Make sure to check out all the delicious drink recipes in the links at the bottom of this post! xo
Turn your Sangria into Slush
Sangria is one of my most favourite cocktails, I love everything about it. The red wine, the juice, the fruit…so so good. Did you know that you can also turn sangria into a slushie? YES. Best summer drink ever. Everything you love about sangria, but frozen. Refreshing and scrumptious which is perfect for hot summer days.
Make them your own!
These sangria slushies are great because you can really tailor them to your tastebuds. We like to load ours up with fresh or frozen fruit, and the great thing about this is that you can use what ever you have on hand. Don’t have berries? Add chunks of apple or citrus fruit. Have bags of frozen fruit in your freezer? Add that. These drinks are very versatile!
They’re also really easy to make! I’m sharing a couple of different ways you can make them…one way gives you instant summer fun, and the other way takes a bit of planning, but is not hard.
Two Options for Making Sangria Slushies:
- Quick and delicious: This option is perfect when you’re looking for a quick and refreshing sangria in just minutes…instant gratification! Basically this method is a quick blend of sangria, fruit, frozen berries and ice. Sangrias made this way are a little more icy, but they’re perfect as a speedy and refreshing summer drink! Tip! Red wine frozen in ice cube trays ahead of time can be used instead of ice cubes. Doing this will make your sangria a little less watered down and more flavourful.
- Let it rest: This option is great if you have a little more time and can plan ahead. Instead of using ice cubes, you freeze the whole sangria mixture for several hours (overnight is best), then blend the frozen mixture. The flavour is more intense and delicious!
- If you don’t want to make your own Sangria for this recipe, feel free to use a pre-made one. The Kirkland brand Sangria from Costco is delicious in this!
- Sangrias are perfect for leftover wine! Just freeze any leftover wine you may have into ice cube trays, then use these instead of ice cubes to make your sangria slush.
- Load it up with your favourite fruit! Any berries, apples and citrus are perfect for sangria.
- Frozen berries are a great addition. They help to keep your drink cold longer.
- We often use our margarita maker to make Sangria Slushies. So quick and easy!
Refreshing. Easy. Delicious.Print
More of my Summer Drink Recipes to try:
Make sure to take a tour of all the delicious drinks below! I hope you’ll leave inspired to make something. Just click the links below the images to be taken to their post…
Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup Gin Soda Cocktail – The Happy Housie
Salty Dog Grapefruit Cocktail – Jenna Kate at Home
Blueberry Lemon Summer Cocktail – My 100 Year Old Home
Easy Summer Cocktail Recipe – Modern Glam
Simple Mojito Recipe – Inspiration for Moms
Summer Tropical Berry Slushie – Cassie Bustamante
How to Make Whipped Coffee – She Gave it a Go
Avocado Banana Smoothie – Dans le Lakehouse
Coconut Milkshake – Life is a Party
Lemonade Float Bar – Clean & Scentsible
Peach Ice Tea – Paint Me Pink
Peach Lemonade Spritzer – Nick and Alicia
Kitchen Bar & Free Margaritas – My Sweet Savannah
Strawberry Lemon Tea with a Hint of Mint – Amber Tysl
Summer Beer-Ritas – This is Our Bliss
Have a delicious day!