Have this delicious homemade Sweet Potato Gnocchi on your table in less than 30 minutes! A simple and satisfying pasta dinner!
I have a table of picky eaters. Especially my boys, especially the baby. Sometimes mealtimes make me want to go screaming off into the sunset, pulling out my hair. So when I find a recipe that is both easy to make and a winner with the kids, I have to share it! This Sweet Potato Gnocchi is that kind of recipe.
We love gnocchi. What’s not to love about little doughy clouds of yumminess! And, surprisingly, making gnocchi is SO easy and quick too…don’t be afraid to make it, you don’t need to be a fresh pasta expert, trust me. You can have a batch ready in less than 30 minutes!
This recipe is different from traditional gnocchi, as this one’s got a secret good for you ingredient…pureed yam! Perfect for sneaking in a little extra nutrition.
Rolling the dough for gnocchi.
Cutting the dough into gnocchi.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe Tips:
- If you like your gnocchi more firm, you can fry them up a bit in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil for about 4 minutes or so. Then toss them with sauce.
- You can make these gnocchi ahead of time. Just keep the fresh gnocchi in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. BUT lay them out in one layer…if you stack them they will likely stick together.
- If you don’t wish to use whole wheat flour, feel free to use just 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- For added extra nutrition, you can also add 1/2 cup of pureed yam to your pasta sauce. It’s sweet, and know one will even know it’s in there! Bonus!
More Pasta Recipes Ready in Less Than One Hour:
- Pizza Pasta Bake
- Nacho Pasta Bake
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
- Three Cheese Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese