- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 oz of cream cheese (1/2 of an 8 oz block)
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- whipped cream
- sliced bananas (we used 6 for our crepes)
- extra Nutella
- Make the crepe batter first as it has to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. (Then while it’s resting in the fridge, make the Nutella cream.)
- Using a blender (I like to use a hand blender), combine all of the above crepe ingredients until smooth.
- Then cover the batter and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Now make the whipped cream. I whip together 500mL of whipping cream for this recipe. I use 1 1/2 cups for the Nutella cream, and I use the rest for topping the crepes.
- For the Nutella cream, use a mixer to cream together the Nutella and cream cheese until smooth.
- Then add 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream and mix well. Set aside.
Putting the crepes together:
- When you are ready to cook the crepes, preheat your pan to low-medium heat, and coat it with butter.
- Stir your batter, and pour about 2-3 tbsp into the pan. Then lift the pan off the burner, tilting and rotating it so the batter forms a thin circle.
- Cook until the top is set, then flip.
- NOTE: Crepes can be eaten as they come off the pan, or you can stack them until the batter is gone, and you are ready to eat. We think they’re best as they come off the pan because they’re still warm.
- Once the crepe is cooked, fill each crepe with 2 – 3 heaping tablespoons of the Nutella cream, and some of the sliced bananas.
- Fold the crepe in half, then in half again to form the triangles you see in my pictures.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of Nutella.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: crepes, Nutella crepes