These Nutella Crepes are perfect for brunch this weekend (or even dessert)! Homemade crepes filled with a delicious Nutella cream cheese cream and sliced bananas. SO good.
If you’re looking for a really special brunch recipe that everyone will love, these Nutella Crepes are a delicious option! The filling in the crepes is a light and fluffy Nutella cream cheese whip that pairs perfectly with sliced bananas. Make it extra decadent with a topping of whipped cream and Nutella drizzle.
Is it Breakfast or Dessert?
Now that is the question. Honestly, these crepes are wonderful for breakfast but they would be equally delicious served for dessert. I do prefer to serve them for breakfast because they take a bit of work to make (they’re not hard, don’t be afraid!), and after serving and eating dinner, I don’t feel like making crepes. And really, a little Nutella at breakfast never hurt anyone 😉
The Nutella Cream is a Must-Make!
These crepes are filled with a light, fluffy and flavourful Nutella-cream cheese-whipped cream filling that tastes a little like a Nutella cheesecake. Seriously so good. Especially with slices of fresh bananas.
These crepes are as delicious as you think!
Then we top these crepes off with a little dollop of extra whipped cream and a drizzle of melted Nutella. YES.
Do you fold or roll?
Crepes can be rolled or folded after they have been filled. We do both, but I actually really like folding them into triangles…I find that the filling stays in better this way, but you do what you like! When it comes to eating crepes, there are no rules!
Nutella Crepe Recipe Tips:
- Recipe Timeline:
- Make the crepe batter first because it has to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge before using it.
- Then make the whipped cream.
- Make the Nutella cream.
- Slice the bananas.
- Cook the crepes and assemble!
- Make Ahead Tip: You can make the crepe batter a day ahead as well, as it keeps beautifully when refrigerated.
- Whipping Cream: I whip together 500mL of whipping cream for this recipe. I use 1 1/2 cups whipped to add to the Nutella cream, and use the rest for garnishing the crepes.
- Yes, there is No Extra Sugar in the Whipped Cream: I don’t add any extra sugar to the whipped cream, even for topping the crepes. We find there is plenty of sweetness from the filling and the extra Nutella drizzle.
- Nutella: We used 1 – 375 g jar of Nutella for this recipe: 1/2 cup goes into the Nutella cream, and the rest goes to the drizzle.
- Nutella Drizzle: A delicious addition to these crepes is a Nutella drizzle. Just heat up a small bowl in the microwave then use a spoon to drizzle it over your crepes.
- Cream Cheese: This recipe calls for 4 oz of cream cheese, so half of an 8 oz block.
- Making the Crepes: Crepes can be eaten as they come off the pan, or you can stack them until the batter is gone, and you are ready to eat. We think they’re best as they come off the pan because they’re still warm.
- Folding the crepes: We like to fold our finished crepes into triangles, but feel free to roll them as well!
- Toppings: Add sliced bananas and/or your favourite berries.
- Tips for Making Crepes: For all my tips for making crepes, visit my Crepe post here.
Thank you for PINNING!
More Delicious Crepe Recipes:
Have a delicious day!