I think these Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins just might be one of my most favourite of all time. They’re sweet, soft and bursting with the delicious flavour of blueberries! These actually remind me of the muffins you can get at Starbucks that are SO good…oh and warmed up? The best!
These muffins are perfect for the summer months when blueberries are bountiful! But they’re also fantastic for when you need a little mid-winter pick me up, because they will take you back, momentarily to the hazy days of summer!
They’re moist, sweet and bursting with blueberries! They kind of remind me of those super delicious blueberry muffins that Starbucks use to sell…yum.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups blueberries (frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and milk to the butter mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Combine the flour mix and butter mix. Don’t over-mix or your muffins will be chewy.
- Add the frozen blueberries, and mix by hand. Frozen berries work the best because the berries stay in one piece and they don’t tend to colour your batter blue.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
– – – – – – – – – – –
The perfect mid-morning or afternoon snack!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Cake Doughnut Muffins
- Banana Berry Bomb Muffins
- The Easiest Banana Muffin Recipe
- Oatmeal Muffins
Make some tea, and enjoy!