Hoover® Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
Recently I was given the opportunity to test out the Hoover Clean Team, so I wanted to share my thoughts on them with you. The Hoover Clean Team is made up of The Hoover AIR™ Cordless Lift Upright Vacuum (hellooooooo cordless!) and the Hoover® Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner. This cleaning duo has swiftly become my new cleaning BFF…ok, I have to include my Hoover Floormate because it’s also my favourite…you can have 3 favourites. But let’s get back to the Hoover Clean Team! This vacuum and carpet cleaner duo have made my cleaning life so much more simple. I bring out my upright (which is cordless and I love that!) and vacuum my floors, then my floors are free to be washed. So easy. Having clean floors is serious business around here with 3 kids (2 of which are busy and messy boys), and a puppy who brings a whole new meaning to dirty floors.
Today though, I wanted to share my thoughts on the Hoover® Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner.
First and foremost this cleaner was very easy to use. I have cleaned my carpets before and have always found the machines to be very bulky and heavy, so when I tried this cleaner I was pleasantly surprised at how light it was. Because it’s so light, it’s very easy to maneuver around. I barely whipped up a sweat. 😉 It was so easy to use that I actually wondered if it was working properly, but it was…just wait until you see the water!
To give this carpet cleaner a good workout I tackled 2 very high traffic areas in my home: my stairs and my office. I started with the stairs which see a lot of traffic and are very very dirty, especially one particular step because of this little creature…
Have I mentioned the dog and the mess she has brought into our home?! Along with a lot of love, Molly also brings in dirty feet, so my floors get cleaned a lot. And now there is one step on our stairs that she currently hangs out on and this step is DIRTY. So I wanted to give this carpet cleaner a true test and see if it could get it clean.
Here’s what it looked like before. There is a fine layer of grey, dog footprints, some juice drops and various other messes. It grossed me out every time I looked at it.
Here it is after. The lighting in this picture doesn’t even really give justice to how clean this step actually is…I could see all of the dirt get sucked up by the cleaner, and the water, oh wow was it dirty! Now this step is the cleanest I’ve seen it since we moved in here.
Then I turned my attention to our home office. This room also sees a lot of traffic, this is where I work every day and where the kids do their homework, so it’s a busy space and I couldn’t wait to clean the carpet. And just look at it…it’s SO clean! A word of warning…after seeing your carpets brought back to life, you’re not going to want to stop cleaning! There is something oddly satisfying at seeing dirt get sucked out of your carpets right before your eyes, so don’t be surprised if you get a sudden huge urge to clean all of your carpets, then your couches, then the stairs, then the cars…it could happen. 😉
Ok, now can we just talk about this water? Look at the bottom inch of the tank above…yes…that grey brown water. Seriously. I had NO idea my carpets were so dirty!! And this was just after about 5 minutes of cleaning! While I was horrified to see how dirty the water was, I was also reassured that the cleaner was doing it’s job!
– – – – – – – –
So here are some of the features of the Hoover® Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner, plus some of my thoughts!
Features, thoughts & tips!
- This cleaner has a SpinScrub multiple brush system that counter rotates the brushes to spin, not roll, for constant carpet contact, and the brushes are removable for easy cleaning. As well as the DualV Nozzle which provides equal suction to clean surfaces quickly and evenly, for more efficient cleaning.
- When you purchase the cleaner, it will include the following: a SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, a stair tool, an upholstery tool, a crevice tool, 8′ hose, and a mesh tool storage bag. It also comes with a 16 oz Clean Plus 2X Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, but you’ll want to get another bottle to keep on hand (I recommend buying the big bottle if you want to clean all of your carpets at the same time).
- This cleaner is designed to clean many carpeted and fabric surfaces in the home: wash your carpet, stairs and upholstery, including couches, car seats…the possibilities are endless! It also comes with 8 upholstery tools to get into hard to reach areas.
- It’s very lightweight, making it super easy to move around and clean with. I was actually surprised at how light it was, which I loved. It also has 4 easy to access handles making it even easier to maneuver and carry.
- The tanks are easy to fill, empty and clean. With the Smart Tank System, there are 2 tanks, and both are easily accessible and simple to empty without worrying about spills.
- There is no fuss to get started! Just fill the clearly labelled tanks with water and cleaner, and the Automatic Detergent Mixing System will provide the right mix of detergent and water for optimal cleaning. I really appreciate not having to worry about the water/detergent ratio, as it takes care of that for you.
- With the Wash/Rinse Selector, wash your carpets with the cleaning solution and water, then rinse your carpets with water only to remove soap residue, so everything feels clean with no soapy residue. This machine also has a just rinse option.
- The dry time is fast, as the cleaner has forced heated air. Less drying time means that I don’t have to keep everyone confined to one area while the carpet dries!
- I really like that it has a long cord (20′ power cord), making it easy to move around and reach far corners.
- If you are interested, this steam cleaner retails at$274.99 CDN, and can purchased on Hoover.ca, or other retails such as Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Best Buy, or even Amazon.
Overall, I really can’t get over how easy this carpet cleaner is to use, and what an amazing job it does at deep cleaning. I feel like I have a whole new cleaning arsenal at my fingertips…I will never have to rent another gigantic and heavy cleaner ever again. And now I feel like my home is holiday ready…floors are vacuumed and washed. Nothing left to do but sip an eggnog right?
Have a great day!
Disclosure: Thank you to Hoover Canada for providing me with theHoover AIR™ Cordless Lift Upright Vacuum and the Hoover® Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner for review! As always, all opinions and statements in this post are my own. I think this Hoover Clean Team is great!