This Easy Lemon Loaf is perfectly tangy and bursting with fresh lemon flavour!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Grated rind from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan by lining it with wax paper. Set aside.
- With a mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mix to the butter mix.
- Then add 1/2 of the milk.
- Add the remaining flour mix.
- Mix in the remaining milk and lemon gratings.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- In the mean time, combine the juice from 1 lemon with 1/4 cup sugar.
- When the cake is done baking, take it out of the oven, and pierce holes in it with a knife – make sure to get to the bottom of the loaf so the lemon juice mixture can get right down into the cake. Pour lemon juice/sugar mix over warm cake.
- Let sit. This cake is even better the next day.