Learn how to use Netflix’s great new feature! How To Clean Up Your Netflix Account with the Thumbs Up/Down Rating System!
– – – – – –
One of my biggest pet peeves about my Netflix account is when my kids and husband use my profile to search for their shows to watch. If you are a regular user of Netflix, you KNOW how annoying this is. Immersed in between all my picks are their shows. It looks something like this:
This is not what I want to see. The only show I actually watch here is Outlander. Paw Patrol? Um no. Paul Blart Mall Cop? Definitely no. No no no no no. It’s like an invasion of privacy. Toys and their stuff in my bed. I don’t want them there…this should be my happy little Netflix space. What I should be seeing is actually something more like this:
Ahhhh, that’s much better. So how do we fix this little problem? Let me tell you!
See that little Thumbs Up image that says Rate? That there is your friend.
How To Clean Up Your Netflix Account
Netflix has recently launched a new feature that will help you tidy up your Netflix profile! This new feature is a title rating system that will replace the five-star rating system, with a simpler and more intuitive thumbs-up and thumbs-down feature. This new thumb rating system was specifically designed to make it easier and faster to discover shows and movies that you will love. When you give a show a thumbs up, this means that you will receive more recommendations similar to what you like. And opposite, if you give a show a thumbs down, this will keep that show or movie off of your lists. So easy.
Another cool feature! The star rating system is also being replaced with a personalized % Match score. This score is a prediction of what Netflix thinks you may enjoy watching, based on your own unique tastes. You will see this % score when you hover over a title (see image above…the % score is in green).
Here’s how the new thumbs design may come in handy for your family:
- Your 7 year old gets onto Netflix and onto your profile, then proceeds to watch Paw Patrol, which then turns all of your recommendations into cartoons. Just no. To fix this, just give this show a thumbs down, and the cartoons will stay off of your profile.
- Or, your husband starts binge watching iZombie and now you don’t even know what planet you are watching shows from. Give the undesirable show a thumbs down, and you’re on your way to a profile that suits you.
- Best of all, give the shows YOU want to watch a thumbs up, and Netflix will recommend similar titles.
How to use the Netflix Rating System:
- Go into the shows you like and use the little Thumbs Up image that says Rate. Thumbs up for YES. Thumbs down for NO. It’s as simple as that. Really.
- The more you rate, the better your preferences become.
- Now all you have to do, is keep everyone on their own profiles, and off of yours. 😉
Now go forth and get your Netflix account cleaned up!
Disclosure: I am part of the Netflix StreamTeam, but as always all thoughts and opinions here are my own…I LOVE Netflix…it’s an addiction…but a good one!