Moms use power tools too! I’ve put together a Mother’s Day Gift Guide For the Do It Yourself Mom! Everything from tools to earrings.
Moms use power tools too! It’s nice for us to be able to have our own tools that no body else is allowed to touch. And that doesn’t mean that our tools are pink or covered in flowers, regular power tools work just fine! It’s just nice to be able to have my own special tools so that I know where they are every time, and I know how they’re being used…kind of like my secret stash of scissors that I keep away from the kids!
Mother’s Day Gift Guide For the Do It Yourself Mom
So I thought it would be fun to put together some great gift ideas for the handy mom in your life! Some practical, some fun! (these are clickable pictures with affiliate links)
- Power Washer! Yes, a power washer. I like to wash ALL THE THINGS. There’s just something so satisfying about getting out the power washer and cleaning the deck, or the siding, or the sidewalk, or the flower pots…I could go on and on and on. This Ryobi electric power washer is compact and lightweight, so you can easily move it around as you clean all the things!
- Tool earrings. Yes please. These hammer and wrench earrings are adorable and perfect for the DIYer!
- Pretty water bottle. DIY’ing is tough work, so one must have a cute water bottle on hand.
- Paint Sprayer. For the handy gal who likes to paint, this paint sprayer would be such a great gift! I tried one of these paint sprayers recently at a DIY conference, and I was hooked by how much easier it was to paint using a sprayer instead of a brush. Just think of all the things you could spray…chairs, tables, cabinets, knick knacks. It could get dangerous. 😉
- Paint Tent. And if you’re going to get her a paint sprayer, you need to get the paint tent. These are great to keep the mess of painting to a minimum.
- Measuring Tape. Ok, maybe one or two things in floral is fine! I do have my own measuring tape and I keep it hidden from everyone, including my husband because these things disappear faster than the last cookie in the cookie jar. It’s so annoying when you need a tape measure, only to discover that someone has used it and not put it back.
- Power Drill. Every DIY’er needs their own power drill! This is one of those tools that I just don’t like to share…don’t touch my drill. Or lose my drill bits. 😉
- Work Gloves. I don’t want my hands to get dry or stained with paint so I wear gloves any time I’m working on a project. I tend to wear the same gloves for gardening as I do for DIY’ing.
- Hand Scrub. Hand scrubs are a great way to clean your hands after working on a project…they can scrub off paint and dirt, and leave your hands feeling clean and soft. You can also make your own scrub…I make this Coconut Sugar Scrub and it makes my hands feel so soft!
- Work Apron. I wear an apron when I cook, and I also wear one when I’m working on projects. Not only are they great for keeping your clothes clean, they’re also great for holding tools!
- T-Shirt. I think this T-shirt is fun!
- Like a Boss Mug! Take on your DIY projects Like a Boss!! Cutest mug.
– – – – – –
Have an inspired day!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. The Ryobi Pressure Washer in this post was provided by RYOBI to facilitate a review. The opinions expressed are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting A Pretty Life! xo