Cinnamon Stick Sleigh Ornaments
These Cinnamon Stick Sleigh Ornaments are a simple and festive addition to your holiday decorating! Easy enough for the kids to make too!
Thank you for stopping by today, once again I’m participating in the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series hosted by my friend Krista of Happy Housie. I’ve joined in with a talented group of bloggers and today we’re sharing some DIY ideas for handmade Christmas ornaments! Make sure to have a look at all of the beautiful ornaments at the bottom of this post. If you missed my previous post as part of this series, make sure to check out my DIY Orange and Cinnamon Stick Napkin Rings here.
Cinnamon Sticks are great Holiday Decor!
It’s no secret that I am loving cinnamon sticks in my Christmas decor…you’ve seen them before in my Cinnamon Star Ornaments, these Orange Slice + Cinnamon Stick Ornaments, these napkin rings, holiday packaging and more! Cinnamon sticks are just so pretty, they smell nice and are so versatile. I love them so much that I used them again to make these Cinnamon Stick Sleigh Ornaments…come see how to make your own!
Let the kids help!
These ornaments are so simple to make, even the kids can do it. I used a hot glue gun to make these, but you could always use white glue, making this a safe and easy craft for kids.
Great for Tree Trimming and Gift Giving
These Cinnamon Stick Sleigh ornaments look so pretty hanging from a tree…make one, or make many! Make a bunch and give them as gifts to teachers and friends and family, or add them on to gift wrapping. There’s nothing more special than something you made yourself.
Keep them smelling great!
Cinnamon sticks on their own smell great! But if over time the cinnamon scent fades, you can always rub a small amount of cinnamon extract on to the bottom of the sleigh and they will keep on smelling great for a long time!
Supplies You Need:
- Cinnamon Sticks: About 6 for each sleigh
- String: 5 inch long string, like a red and white baker’s twine
- Silver Bells: 3 for each sleigh
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Make Cinnamon Stick Sleigh Ornaments:
- Take 2 cinnamon sticks and line them up side by side. Using your glue gun, glue them together side by side.
- Take another cinnamon stick and line it up next to the the glued sticks, staggering it a little lower. Glue them together. Repeat with another cinnamon stick on the other side. Refer to the image below, on the left.
- Keep flat and allow to dry.
- Once dry, take another cinnamon stick and break it in half.
- Line it up as shown in the image below, on the right.
- Flip the sleigh over.
- Then take another cinnamon stick and break it in half. Line one half of the cinnamon stick on the bottom of the sled, running along the outside cinnamon stick (see image below on the left). Repeat on the other side with the other half of the cinnamon stick.
- Then take your string and glue it to the bottom of the sleigh, as shown below.
- Now flip the sleigh back over to the front and glue on 3 silver bells.
I love how they turned out! So simple and cute and the perfect addition to your Christmas tree! I’m going to be adding mine to my kitchen-themed Christmas tree.
PIN IT to make later!
More DIY Christmas Ornaments:
As I mentioned, today I’m joining some of my talented blogging friends who are also sharing their DIY Christmas Ornament ideas with you. Be sure to visit their posts by clicking on the links below the images!
DIY Mini Cloche Dollar Store Christmas Ornaments at The Happy Housie
DIY Concrete Ornaments at Taryn Whiteaker
Clay Bell Ornaments at Zevy Joy
Printable Nutcracker Ornaments at Sincerely, Marie Designs
DIY Boho Wood and Tassel Holiday Ornaments at Tatertots and Jello
How To Make DIY Paper Christmas Star Decorations at Life is a Party
Cinnamon Stick Sleigh Ornaments at A Pretty Life
Easy DIY Wooden Christmas Ornaments at She Gave it a Go
DIY Santa Gnome Ornaments at Clean & Scentsible
MOD Podge Paper Ornaments at Place of My Taste
Candy Cane Ornaments at Love Create Celebrate
I love these cinnamon stick ornaments! I know they add such a wonderful smell too.
Thank you so much for sharing, and love being on these blog hops with you!
Thank you Brendt!
These are adorable and I love the smell of cinnamon!
Thank you Jenn!
These are super cute! There’s something so nostalgic about seeing cinnamon sticks as ornaments during the holidays! Love this idea!
Thank you Lindi!
I love the project.
Thank you Rebecca!