Make this Black Lace Earring Holder in just minutes with a few simple supplies. It’s such a pretty way to display your jewelry.
A while back you might remember I made this jewelry jungle. And while I do like it, it didn’t quite work the way I wanted it to. I needed something to hold all the earrings that I have, including those with backings on them. Plus, I found that the metal wire was a bit harsh on my earrings, so I also wanted something a little softer. So I made this Black Lace Earring Holder!
I used lace and made an embroidery hoop holder! I have seen these pinned all over Pinterest, and I thought it was such a great idea! Perfect for earrings with backings, and hanging earrings. The fabric is soft and pretty, and won’t damage my jewelry. AND it looks so pretty hanging on my bathroom wall! So simple. So pretty.
What you need:
- A wooden embroidery hoop in the size of your choice. Use a wooden hoop not plastic…wooden has better grip to hold the lace and you can paint wood much easier. You can find these at most big box craft stores like Michaels.
- A piece of lace big enough to fit the hoop you chose (it needs to be larger so it can stretch over the sides of the hoop)
- Spray paint or paint for the hoop
- The lace cost me less than $1.
- I already had the embroidery hoop, but if you were to buy one they are about $2.
- I used spray paint I already had on hand.
- So the total cost for me, for this was less than $5. LOVE!
How to put it all together:
- First I sprayed the embroidery hoop black, because I wanted it to blend in with the fabric.
- Then I stretched the lace fabric over the hoop, replaced the outside hoop and screwed it tight. And done. That’s it. SO easy!
- TIP! If you find that the lace won’t stay in place, you can adhere it to the loop with a little glue…glue gun glue works best.
Here’s the view of it hanging on my bathroom wall. A pretty and useful piece of art!
Lace is so sassy and fun, and makes the perfect medium for holding jewelry. I love how this turned out!
Have an inspired day!