This DIY Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Forest is a simple and cute addition to your holiday decorating! In just minutes make a little forest with Mason jars, bottle brush trees, woodland creatures and faux snow!
Today I’m excited to be joining 24 blogger friends as we come together to share some festive Christmas projects with you! Thank you to Krista of Happy Housie for organizing this Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series. Make sure to check out all of the Christmas inspiration in the links at the bottom of this post!
The holiday season is fast approaching and I’m more excited than ever to get decorating! Christmas decor is my favourite! So to kick this season off I’m sharing this simple and fun DIY Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Forest. Clearly my love affair with mason jars hasn’t ended, especially at Christmas…I mean who can resist a mason jar with a bottle brush trees? Not this gal.
Keeping true to my Christmas decorating style, I put together these snow globes to match my love of wintery trees, buffalo plaid and woodland creatures. They will fit in perfectly with the rest of my holiday decor, which really is the goal with Christmas decorating isn’t it?
Make Snow Globes to Match your Christmas Style
The fun thing about these little snow globes is that you can make them to match your own holiday home! If you’re into a white Christmas add some silver and pretty white ribbon, and little white woodland creatures like owls. If you’re decorating style is more traditional, add little Santas and reindeer. The possibilities are endless!
And if you’re really feeling brave, get the kids involved in the fun too!
Supplies for a Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Forest:
- Mason Jars in different sizes. I used 1 large, 3 medium and 3 small jars. I bought these at The Dollar Store
- Bottle Brush Trees in different sizes. I used 1 large, 2 medium and 3 small. I found them at Michaels.
- Miniature Woodland Creatures. I used 2 fawn that I found at Michaels.
- Faux Snow. I used a stuffing-like snow for these. I found it at The Dollar Store. Tip! I like to use the stuffing like snow that can be found in the miniature Christmas village section of craft stores. I find this type of faux snow easier to manage than the grainy snow which can be quite messy.
- a glue gun
How to Make a Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Forest:
- Putting these together is so simple. Basically I put the small trees in the small jars, the medium trees in the medium jars and the large tree in the large jar.
- I used a glue gun to add a bit of glue to the bottoms of each of the trees to secure them to the lid. This makes it easy to add them into the jar.
- Tip! To give things a bit of height, using a bit of glue I secured a couple of the trees and the fawn to a rock before placing them in the jar (see above).
- Once your trees and creatures are secured to the lid, add some of the fake snow.
- Place the jar over the lid and secure.
So simple and SO cute. Especially with the little fairy lights in behind them.
I’m not sure where I’m going to display these snow globes yet, but I do think that they would look adorable in a Christmas kitchen. Or maybe on my mantel…or on a vignette in my entryway. Make sure to come back for my Christmas home tour later this month to see where the end up!
Seriously though. Who ever invented bottle brush trees is my favourite.
And with a little fawn. Sigh. I can’t even.
This Snow Globe Forest was such a fun little project. It’s easy to make and SO cute to put on display! I hope you make one too!
More Christmas Mason Jar Crafts:
More Christmas Craft Ideas for the Holidays:
Now make sure to check out all of the Christmas project ideas below! I hope you’ll be inspired to make something.
Classic Christmas Light String Garland DIY at The Happy Housie
DIY Hydrangea Christmas Wreath at Two Twenty One
Chunky Knit Vase DIY at Craftberry Bush
Holiday Place Card Wreaths with Printable Tags at Tatertots and Jello
Easy Christmas Star Garland Gift Topper at The Handmade Home
DIY Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Forest at a Pretty Life
DIY Cotton Ball Wreath at Hallstrom Home
DIY Faux Etched Christmas Mirror at Confessions of a Serial DIYer
DIY Christmas Book Craft Project at Happy Happy Nester
DIY Christmas Place Setting Name Tag at She Gave it a Go
Elegant DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Village at The DIY Mommy
DIY Safety Pin Christmas Angels at Zevy Joy
DIY Wooden Advent Calendar at Jenna Kate at Home
DIY Holiday Gift Wrap at My Sweet Savannah
How to Make a Modern Christmas Wreath at Cherished Bliss
DIY Giant Pine Wreath at Love Create Celebrate
Paint by Numbers Printable Christmas at Rambling Renovators
DIY Winter Wreath at The Turquoise Home
Christmas Art Work at Life is a Party
Dollar Tree Rustic Glam Christmas Wreath at All Things With Purpose
DIY Vintage Whitewashed Nutcracker at Rooms FOR Rent
DIY Drum Tree Collar at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Line Art Christmas Tree DIY Acrylic Sign at Lemon Thistle
Snowball Cookies in a Jar at Clean & Scentsible
DIY Pink Ombre Ornament Wreath at We’re the Joneses
Have an inspired day!