These Heart Shaped Pizzas are perfect for Valentine’s Day. With this recipe, you can make the dough with your bread machine!
Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce (more if needed)
- pepperoni (cut into heart shapes (see instructions below))
Making the Pizza Dough:
- Add all of the ingredients to your bread machine.
- Select the Dough/Pasta cycle (it’s usually about a 1 hr and 30 minute cycle).
- Once the dough cycle has completed, remove the dough to a surface lightly dusted with flour, and cover with a clean tea towel. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Roll out and shape the dough into one large heart shape, or 3 medium hearts, then transfer to a prepared baking sheet. (I prepare a baking sheet with a light layer of olive oil, or some corn meal.)
Assembling the Pizzas:
- To make the pepperoni hearts, use a small heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out the hearts. Set aside.
- Spread the pizza sauce onto the heart shaped dough bases..
- Add the pepperoni extras from cutting out the heart shapes (not the hearts, but the edges so you don’t waste any pepperoni). See picture.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Add the pepperoni hearts.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.