This Strawberry Blueberry Dutch Baby (Puff Pancake) is a simple and delicious brunch recipe! Serve with whipped cream, syrup and/or more fresh fruit!
Puff Pancakes, or Dutch Babies, are my family’s most favourite breakfast everrrrrrr. They’re like a giant delicious popover that you smother in butter and syrup…seriously the best. When these are on the weekend menu, we’re all really excited!
I’m especially excited because my husband is the one who makes these pancakes for us, and I love it. In fact, he’s the one who makes our breakfast on weekends which is SO SO nice. I love being able to sit back with a cup of coffee and have someone else cook…it’s so great.
And he makes the best puff pancakes. Over the years we have tried many different variations and recipes for puff pancakes, and as time goes on, my husband has gotten pretty creative with his recipes. We’ve had basic puff pancakes, banana puff pancakes, apple baked pancakes, and tropical puff pancakes. Then this past weekend he made this beautiful Strawberry Blueberry Puff Pancake. And it was as delicious as it looks. Amazing.
The fruit baked right into the pancake is so delicious. And with a little dollop of whipped cream and some cinnamon sugar, this is the ultimate breakfast. Yum yum yum.
Puff pancakes are pretty easy to make, don’t be intimidated! The key is to make the batter really smooth. We have learned over the years that the more smooth the batter is, the puffier the pancake will be. In fact, we use a hand blender to make a smooth batter. Once the batter is smooth, you can add in the fruit. Enjoy.
Strawberry Blueberry Dutch Baby (Puff Pancake)
This Strawberry Blueberry Dutch Baby (Puff Pancake) is a simple and delicious brunch recipe! Serve with whipped cream, syrup and/or more fresh fruit! Use a 12 inch diameter pan for this recipe as the batch makes a very large pancake. If you have a smaller pan, feel free to cut the recipe in half.
- Yield: 6
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk (we use whole milk)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, lemon zest, sugar, salt, and flour until smooth. We actually use a hand blender to make the batter really smooth.
- Add the fruit. Don’t stir the fruit in at this point, just add it to the batter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet (12 x 9), melt the 6 tbsp of butter over medium heat until it is bubbly, and tilt the pan until the butter coats the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the pancake batter into the skillet and let it cook for about 1 minute, without stirring!
- Then place the skillet into the oven and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- The pancake is done when it is golden brown and puffed up.
- Once the pancake is done serve immediately (while it’s puffed up), because it will shrink quickly!
- Serve with syrup or cinnamon sugar.
More Delicious Dutch Baby Recipes:
Have a delicious day!