This Raspberry Baked French Toast or Bread Pudding recipe is a perfect holiday brunch idea! It’s creamy, rich and so delicious. Serve with fresh fruit and sausages for a complete breakfast!
- 5 – 6 cups of chunks of bread (I used Challah bread)
- 1/2 – 8 oz package of cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light cream (I used half & half)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar for garnish
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, vanilla and sugar. Set aside.
- Prepare a 9×9 inch baking dish, by lightly buttering the dish. Then sprinkle in half of the Challah bread.
- Add the chunks of cream cheese and raspberries, spreading them evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle on the remaining chunks of bread.
- Pour the milk/egg mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle on the 2 tbsp sugar.
Overnight French Toast:
- You can make this dish the night before you want to serve it. If you are baking this dish in the morning, cover it with tin foil and put it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until golden brown and puffy.
Make the Same Day:
- If you want to make this dish right away, after you have put it all together, let it sit for 10 minutes so the bread can absorb some of the milk/egg mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden and puffy.