A fun and not-too-spooky Monster Cake decorating idea!
I was going through old pictures, and came across this monster cake I made for our baby’s first birthday last year. The theme was loosely, Our Little Monster. I had seen a monster face like this on the internet, and just knew it would make the cutest cake! This is great cake for a Halloween party… it’s spooky, but not scary!
I don’t really have any instruction on how to make the monster face, I really just winged it. But it’s pretty easy to recreate. So even though I don’t have a tutorial for you, I wanted to share the ingredients I used to put it together.
What you need to make a Monster Cake:
- 1, 2-layer cake in the flavour of your choice
- 2 containers of white icing:
- 1 tub of icing should be tinted with green food colouring for the icing base.
- Use part of the other tub for the white of the eyeball and tooth.
- Use and use part of the second tub to tint a darker green for the warts
- Black gel icing (I bought mine at Walmart) for the eyeball centre and mouth.
- Black licorice strings for the hair.