Strawberry Sparkling Wine Slushie. A margarita style drink made with the strawberry infused sparkling wine! Fun, fruity and so refreshing!
Hello friends! How about a fun fruity drink to kick off the week? Ok, save the recipe for your Friday night shenanigans then! This is a springy strawberry flavour bursting one.
I’m always game to try new things…especially new food and drinks…and then I invite friends over to try out my new concoctions because what are friends for, right? It’s a tough job taste testing. They tell you the truth – the good and the bad – and I love that. So recently I invited one of my best girlfriends and her family over for a Saturday night dinner, and on the drink menu was this Strawberry Fresita-rita that the hubby and I came up with.
Fresita what? Fresita-rita! A margarita style drink but with a strawberry infused sparkling wine added to it. Yes. Strawberry sparkling wine. Yum. Fresita is an all natural Chilean Sparkling wine infused with strawberries, which is lovely on it’s own, but added to crushed ice, pureed fresh strawberries and a few other fun additions, you get the Strawberry Fresita-rita. And it’s delish!
Fun, fruity and so refreshing! Just picture yourself on a sunny deck in the summer with friends and a Strawberry Fresita-rita in your hands? Ahhhhhh
- You can substitute the Fresita with your favourite fruity sparkling wine.
- Feel free to add more sugar if you feel like your drinks need it.
Strawberry Sparkling Wine Slushie
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 - 3 tbsp sugar sweeten to taste
- 3 cups ice
- juice from 1 large lime
- 1 1/2 cups Fresita or any strawberry sparkling wine
- 2 oz of tequila optional
- slice Lime
- slice Strawberry
- 1 cup sugar for rim
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
Prepping the margarita glasses:
- On a plate combine the sugar and salt.
- Rub the rim of each margarita glass with lime and use the sugar/salt mix to rim the glasses.
Making the drink:
- To a blender add the ice, sparkling wine, tequila (if using), sugar, lime juice and fresh strawberries. Blend to the desired slush consistency.
- Fill each prepared margarita glass and garnish with a slice of lime and a slice of strawberry.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Fresita. But as always, all opinions on my blog are my own. My husband and I came up with this drink recipe on our own and really enjoyed it!