This Easter Panettone Bread is not a traditional Panettone, but a tweaked version of it and it’s a delicious one! This recipe is so easy because you make the dough in your bread machine.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/4 cup butter cut into small cubes
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose or bread flour
- 1 tbsp bread machine yeast
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 currants
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the lemon zest and currants, to the bread machine, in the order listed above.
- If you are baking the bread in the bread machine, select Sweet Cycle.
- Add the lemon zest and currants at the “add ingredient” signal. OR
** I did not bake my bread in the bread machine, so I selected the “Dough” cycle. Here’s How To:
- When the dough cycle is up, remove the dough, and knead in the lemon zest and currants.
- Then let the dough sit on a floured surface for 15 minutes, covered with a bowl.
- After this time, split the dough into 3 pieces, and roll it out into long ropes, about 1 inch thick.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, braid the ropes, pinching the ends together.
- Let it rise, in a warm place covered with a tea towel, for 30-45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- In the meantime preheat your oven to 350.
- When the dough has doubled in size brush the surface of the bread lightly with milk or cream.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes – until the bread sounds hollow when you tap the bottom.
- Category: Bread
Keywords: panettone, easter bread, easter panettone