was Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday!
And I know this seems kind of weird to say, but they are actually cream puffs.
Like the ones you buy in stores. A real cream puff. Hmm.
|Look at that! A real cream puff. That I made from scratch! Amazing! 😉|
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the butter to the water and stir until it is melted.
- Add the flour and salt all at once to the water mix.
- Stir until a ball is formed.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 egg. Beat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining eggs 1 at a time, and beat after each addition.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drop the dough on to a cookie sheet 1 of 2 ways: (I used a heaping tbsp for each puff) See picture below. Make sure they are about 2 inches apart.
- You can drop with a spoon,
- Or put the dough into a ziplock bag, snip the corner off, and pipe the dough on to the cookie sheet. This is the method I chose!
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. Start checking them around 20 minutes. Mine took 30 minutes.
- After they have cooled completely you can put in the filling of your choice.
- For these I just forced in a tip, and piped in whipped cream. Then I froze ours because we love the cream puffs at Costco that you eat slightly frozen.
I’m now on a mission to make all kinds of delicious fillings!Vanilla Cream Custard from Miz HelenCoconut CreamLemon CreamChocolate CreamStrawberry CreamOh the possibilites!