Holiday Gift Wrapping Ideas, Part 2: Glitter!
Here’s part 2 of my Holiday Wrapping series! You can find Part 1 here, and Part 3 here.
I think this glitter series is my favourite! I’m a sucker for shiny, sparkly things, and even better if there’s something shiny & sparkly tucked inside all that glitter! Perfect wrapping for a little bling…hint hint hubby
Again, this wrapping was all done inexpensively. I had most of the embellishments in my craft stash already, but I did buy the pretty pink glitter ribbon and glitter wrapping paper at Michaels. The paper was $9 a roll, but with the 40% off coupon it was reasonable. A little word to the wise about this paper though, tape does not work on it. You need to pull out the big guns and warm up your glue guns! It doesn’t take a lot of glue, but you definitely need the strength of the glue to keep it together. (Kind of what it feels like during the holiday season…just sayin). 😉
So here’s what I did…working from the top left to right…
1. I love this one! Just simple glitter paper, and a matching hand made bow. So easy!
2. I love the texture and the colour of the purple ribbon on this package! So unexpected and festive!
3. Got beads? Wrap your gifts in them. They’re shiny and blingy. Perfect for holiday wrapping!
4. Use different textures and colours of ribbon. The pom poms, the bakers twine and the glitter all work!
5. My fave. It’s like a Tiffanys box, but silver and pink. Make your own bows too, they’re so simple!
6. The more glitter the better! Weaving different colours of glitter ribbon together looks so pretty!
7. I really really like monochromatic wrapping. Silver on silver. Pretty & festive!
8. And sequins. Love the sequins. So festive. So feminine. So glamourous!
Just simple wrapping, with simple embellishments and you have the most pretty wrapped presents ever! You don’t have to spend a lot of money or time to make beautiful things!
OMG! You’re speaking right to me! I love glitter. It’s my favorite color 🙂 I love this!!
Pretty pretty sparkly pretty!!!
Hi Jo-Anna! I love your kraft paper gift wrapping ideas and I also am inspired by this post as well. It looks so simple but so beautifully presented at the same time. What a fabulous way to use up craft supplies! ~Thea
These look awesome Joanna! Love the different variations you showed, the big silver bow is my favorite 🙂
Loving the sparkle and glitter! Oh, and I love the craft paper versions too. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!
I love this paper too. However, I’m having trouble getting it to stay wrapped because the tape won’t stick. Any tips? Thank you.
Hi Katie! Sometimes I use a glue gun on tough paper like this…and a little goes a long way!