A comprehensive list of Christmas Baking Essentials to get you ready to get baking this holiday season! Includes a handy printable checklist.
The holiday season is upon us and that means baking!! Before I dive into my Christmas baking, I like to make sure my pantry is stocked and ready to go. I don’t want to have to head out to the grocery store for little things…it’s just so much easier to have everything you need on hand. And every year I use the same ingredients over and over, so I thought I’d share them with you too! All simple, easy to find ingredients that will allow you to get baking!
One List For Everything!
This is my list for the basic ingredients I like to keep on hand for all of my Christmas baking. Ingredients for recipes like cookies, cakes, squares, desserts, loaves, and breads. So it includes both perishable items (butter, eggs, milks etc…) and non-perishable items (like flours, sugars, candies, spices, etc.). With these ingredients at your fingertips you should be able to bake to your hearts content!
My Christmas Baking Essentials: A List
- Flours: All Purpose
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Icing Sugar (Confectioner’s Sugar)
- Oats: Quick Oats and Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cream of Tartar
- Corn Starch
- Spices: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cloves
- Maple Syrup
- Corn Syrup
- Vanilla and Vanilla Beans
- Dried Fruits: Raisins, Currants, Cranberries, Apricots, Dates
- Glace Cherries
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips: Milk Chocolate, White, Semi Sweet
- Baking Chocolate Squares (Semi-Sweet)
- Nuts: Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts
- Maraschino Cherries
- Vegetable Oil
- Evaporated Milk
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Extracts: Almond, Mint
- Canned Cherry Pie Filling
- Candy Canes
- Peppermint Kisses
- Gum Drops
- Parchment Paper
- Milk and Cream
- Cream Cheese Blocks
- Jam (for thumbprint cookies: raspberry, apricot)
Download your Christmas Baking Essentials Checklist here!
How to Use this List:
- Download it here.
- Then print it off to use as a grocery shopping list! You can choose the non-colour printing option too if you like!
- Keep it on the fridge where you can see it and check off the ingredients you need to buy!
Now that you’ve got your pantry stocked and ready for holiday baking, here are some delicious recipes to try!
- 25+ Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Loaf
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Mincemeat Pie
- Eggnog Bundt Cake
- German Chocolate Cake
If you loved this checklist, make sure to download my Christmas Dinner Menu Checklist here!
Have a Very Merry day!