Hello my friends! Welcome to my Weekend Reads.
For a long time I used to write posts here on Sundays called Gratitude Sunday, but somewhere over time I stopped doing them. While I always enjoyed writing those Sunday posts, I also felt a bit restricted by them in what I could share. So after some thought I decided to try something new over here and have a day where I share some things I’ve been up to or come across over the previous week. Things like interesting blog posts I’ve read, new blogs I’ve discovered, fabulous recipes, tips you might like, some of my Instagram shots…and just tidbits of reading. Just a simple and inspiring way for me to share some love of this great world wide web. I hope you enjoy it!
Cheri of Kitchen Simplicity took this picture of me last weekend when we were in Vancouver. I love it so much. Just look at the colours of the leaves…it really looks like that. So pretty. Not only that, this photo will always remind me of a lovely afternoon with a new friend. 🙂
I really enjoyed my quiet week here at home last week. I happily and quietly cooked in my kitchen.
Now on to what’s filled my head and heart this week:
- First and foremost, my heart has been in our Nation’s capital this week.
- Last week was a quiet week over here on the blog, as I was recovering from a really really great weekend at the Food Bloggers of Canada conference. But I did manage to finally share my Thanksgiving weekend in this post.
- I also shared a recipe for a Pumpkin Tart with a Gingersnap Cookie Crust on the Kendall Jackson blog.
- I recently met a new friend, and at the same time discovered a fantastic new blog: Kitchen Simplicity. You should go check her site out!
- I discovered this great resource for canning.
- This Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash is on my to-make list.
- These Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars look ah-mazing.
- This is my favourite pin of the week.
- There is a new edition of my newsletter out.
That is indeed a great shot of you, the colors are amazing this time of year! Thanks so much for sharing my PB squares, xo
Pretty pictures JoAnna. I love these kinds of posts 🙂
Meeting you and our walk in Stanley Park was one of my favourite parts of the conference! 🙂 It was a bit like shell shock coming back from the conference but in the best way possible. So many thinks to think about and absorb. Can’t wait to see where your blog is headed now!
Thank you so much Cheri! I feel so lucky to have met you!