If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year and want to set a pretty table, here are some Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas! Simple, seasonal and gorgeous.
Set a beautiful dinner table for your family and guests this Thanksgiving! It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive, in fact, you can decorate on a budget by using decor from years past, or stepping outside to collect leaves and stems. If you’re looking for some inspiration, I’ve got it for you!
One of the easiest ways to decorate a table for Thanksgiving is to embrace all the colours, textures and natural elements of fall! I’m sharing loads of ideas below!
- Add fall florals and leaves to bouquets that will sit on the table.
- Layer plates with linen napkins in fall colours like orange and shades of red.
- Thanksgiving is a perfect time to bring out wooden bowls, serving dishes and candlesticks. There’s just something so cozy about them. This rustic table setting is my favourite Thanksgiving table!
- Add candles in seasonal colours. The more the merrier!
- Use darker colours for cups and wine glasses. I have found so many great ones in thrift stores!
- You can make anything look Thanksgiving-festive if you use classic dishes then decorate and layer with muted and natural fall tones. A great way to do this is to use jute placemats/chargers, pretty napkins and seasonal decorations.
- Try using a fall scarf as a table runner like the gold one shown on the table below. If you want to see more of this simple fall table, check it out here!
- Make personal place setting tags or place cards then tie them up with natural grasses. So simple and pretty! See more about these little DIY grass decorations here.
- Decorate your table with mini pumpkins or gourds, or make a simple centrepiece out of a bowl filled with them. Pumpkins are the ultimate Thanksgiving table accent…orange pumpkins, white pumpkins, gourds…so many possibilities!
- Decorate the table and/or dinner plates with fall leaves and branches. You can see more of this fall table setting here.
- One of my favourite tablecloth ‘tricks’ is to use a fall blanket! This pretty plaid blanket is perfect for Thanksgiving decor! It looks especially lovely with the plaid fall cloth napkins.
- Also, FOOD makes the best Thanksgiving decor! By the way, if you’re looking for Thanksgiving menu ideas, I have SO MANY RECIPES to share with you! Make sure to check out my collection of Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas!
- One of my most favourite table decorations from years past are these simple DIY pumpkin vases. They’re really just a small pumpkin hollowed out, filled with water, then filled with flowers (they’re especially pretty with a pop of colour like these gorgeous mums). SO pretty. SO festive. So perfect for a Thanksgiving table.
- Use fresh herbs tied up with burlap, ribbon or twine, to make a pretty cutlery setting. These would also look really nice as a napkin ring.
More Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations!
- Scatter fall leaves over your table.
- Don’t be afraid to use colour. Anything goes…classic colours, bright colours, neutral…get creative!
- Make a simple centrepiece using natural elements like twigs, florals, leaves + pumpkins.
- A bouquet of sunflowers makes a perfect Thanksgiving centrepiece.
- Create a simple centrepiece with a bowl of apples or pears. Or even pine cones.
I hope you found some inspiration here for setting your Thanksgiving table! Happy Thanksgiving!
Have an inspired day!