Happy summer day!
We are really enjoying our summer! The weather hasn’t been the greatest, but we are making the most of it…packing in as many things as we can before the kids go back to school!
I’m finding this summer is full of so many more opportunities now that our ‘baby’ is almost 4…sniff. But with him growing up, we’re able to get out and seize the moment so much easier!
And because I am an iPhone addict, I’m constantly taking pictures. And if you follow along with me on Instagram you’ve seen most of these. But I truly adore this aspect of social media! Taking and sharing pictures is something I have always done (well before Instagram), now I just have more places to share!
So anyway, here is a little look into our summer through the eye of my camera lens!
- We went on a road trip to Saskatchewan to visit my Grandparents in June, and the weather on this trip was stormy and spectacular!
- And on that same trip, we saw spectacular rainbows! This was the first time I had ever seen a FULL double rainbow, like end to end. Seeing these bright and colourful rainbows clear across a dark sky over golden fields is something we will never forget!
- This picture is my most favourite picture, that I have ever taken, ever. It was just one of those moments that I had to capture! I told my husband to quickly pull over – I HAD to take a picture of this oncoming storm over these train tracks. I adore how it turned out! And 30 seconds later the skies opened up on us!
- This next picture is just a small snapshot into the flooding that our city and surrounding areas experienced in June. We are still recovering.
- I took this picture in the reeds at the lake where my parents live. I stole this picture idea from my husband. He has such an amazing eye for photography…his photo of this same shot is SO much better! (He’s also on Instagram – don’t pay attention to the pictures he takes of me sleeping in the car. Grrrr)
- Oh how I love this picture too…actually I just really love these Blue Dashers. They’re so friendly and colourful…and they have the best name ever.
- One thing you may or may not know about me, is that I am a prairie girl deep down to my soul. The countryside calls to me, and I have a soft spot for wheat fields…I remember holding hands with my Grandpa and my cousins as we walked through wheat fields that were growing way above our little heads. Sigh.
- Our glorious, glorious canola fields! I swear I could fill my Instagram feed with pictures of these beautiful fields. There really isn’t a sight quite like them this time of year!
- Lovely foxtails. There were so many of these where we camped a while ago. Even weeds can be beautiful!
- This was the first year we took the kids to the Calgary Stampede! We ate as much bad food as we possibly could, went on as many rides as possible and came home with handfuls of cheap stuffies. Very fun indeed!
- Had to take some pictures of the lilacs too! I look forward to these flowers allllllll winter long!
- Lake time! We have spent some fabulous time at the lake where my parents live. We love it here so much!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –