These White Chocolate Ginger Thumbprint Cookies will soon be a family favourite! A delicious ginger cookie base with a sweet and delicious white chocolate centre…then sprinkled with cinnamon. So good.
Ginger Cookie Dough:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
White Chocolate Filling:
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and molasses. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place the balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Slightly flatten the cookies, then press an indent into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- After this 10 minutes remove the cookies from the oven. You will notice that the centres of the cookies will have risen slightly during baking, but you need the indent for the white chocolate filling. So lightly press in the indent once again using your thumb or a small spoon.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling you can make the white chocolate filling.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the white chocolate. To do this I create a double boiler by putting a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (making sure that the bowl and pan fit together snug). This ensures that the mixture doesn’t burn. Add the white chocolate to the heatproof bowl and melt it there. This should only take a few minutes.
- Then fill the centres of each cookie with 1 tsp of the melted white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
- Category: Cookie
Keywords: ginger cookie